• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nwelte

nwelte

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

I am new to AH and have two questions:

1.  If a gate has monsters on it, do I have to fight/evade them first to enter?  The rules say you are drawn in.  This leads me to believe the fight is automatically avoided, but that does not make sense to me.

2.  Do creatures in the outskirts ever move back in if the monster total drops below the monster limit?

#2 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

nwelte said:

I am new to AH and have two questions:

1.  If a gate has monsters on it, do I have to fight/evade them first to enter?  The rules say you are drawn in.  This leads me to believe the fight is automatically avoided, but that does not make sense to me.

2.  Do creatures in the outskirts ever move back in if the monster total drops below the monster limit?

1.On the way in, you have to fight and evade first, then you're sucked in.  On the way *out* you can actually choose to fight the turn you exit— which can save you a turn of movement, but it might blow your chance of sealing the gate if you lose the fight.

2.No.  They're happy eating people where they are :')

#3 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

To reiterate one of the basic points of AH: phases

Phase 2: Movement (where you deal with monsters)

Phase 3: Arkham Encounter (where you enter a gate in this question)

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#4 Turambar

Turambar

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:35 AM

Hi everybody!

this is my first post ever, nice to meet everybody!

I have a question on the "scoring the victory" point. In the rulebook, it is said to sum up the monster trophies and then divide that number by three in order to calculate the final score. But on the general rules of the league, it's stated you have to record the total toughness of the monsters slayed. So the question is: shall I calculate the number of the trophies (6 trophies = 6, which means 2 extra points), or the total toughness of them (6 trophies worth 2 toughness each = 12, which means 4 extra points)?

thanks in advance for help

Turambar

#5 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:22 AM

It is just the number of trophies divided by 3.  The league toyed with going a different route on scoring but it caused too many ambiguities so they reverted back to Page 12 scoring.

#6 Turambar

Turambar

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

Okay, I calculated all the scores in the proper way!

Thanks for the kind answer

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS