• 83 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:02 AM

maybe I should replace the wolves by contested village 

#3 Dywnarc

Dywnarc

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

certainly a fast orc deck, it will work, but it can be much deadlyer.

Personaly I find it more fun to make decks that can beat fast orc decks, thats a tougher chalange. Is this a can;t beat them so join them play SD?

#4 smalldwarf

smalldwarf

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:13 AM

It´s just fun to play, but my real goal is to produce a competitive dwarf deck...

#5 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:57 AM

Dywnarc said:

certainly a fast orc deck, it will work, but it can be much deadlyer.

So why not post your advices?

#6 smalldwarf

smalldwarf

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:08 AM

because after I will be the master of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

ahahaahahahahahah

aahahaha

bouhouhiou, my dwarf deck, bouhouhou...

#7 smalldwarf

smalldwarf

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:38 AM

seriously, that could be improved (find the place put one totem of gork, for ex...)

#8 Dywnarc

Dywnarc

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

I didn;t post my advice cause I was checking posts from a rocking ferry and had little time!

Its a good fast orc deck for sure and its unit ratio is right.

So just a little twicking can make it faster, plus cut back some cards that do not help it.

First the rock lobbers.  I understand there point, they can be the finisher is your rush stalls, but really, if that happens, its trouble anyways, they may finish off the odd game for you, but most of the time there are a poor draw, in this deck, they are not all bad, just sub-par in this deck.

Also by there nature,. speed decks want to cards in battlefield and keep quest to a min, but if you gave too many weak draw cards that are not units or unit boosters, they create the need to build up quest, something that slows you down.

Troll vomit- Yes pressing the reset button on deck that starts to hold you off and stablize, can win you plenty of games, but three is unnessary, 2 is good, although I am nitpicking now.

Drop the wolf riders. They are great in some decks, but again this is a deck that is already dropping most of its units into battlefield, you may just have a few little units in the kingdom or quest, the odd game they will make the difference in a final waaagh rush, but too often not.

On the other hand, wez bigger is money, especialy if you got all the orcs that benift from damage in your deck, boar boyz and squiges for example.

Aside from those little things, its a fast deadly deck. 

That being said IMEO a orc/skaven deck is faster and deadly, in that you can clanrats into the quest and kingdom zone where they can help you out, and STILL boost the rush, not to mention the grey seer, who does that as well but better. If your skaven count is high enough, you can chittering hordes whoich acts as a 1 cost artifical card draw for you, if your skaven card ratio is high enough, this will usally net you a card or two which further speeds you up with out the need to slow down putting stuff into quest zone.

The weakness of the above deck is its a little more vunerable to a chaos snipping deck as it depends more in the one hit skavens, but its faster and deadlyer vs order decks.

Anyother fast and deadly way to run a speed deck is chaos/orc. Its a little slower, but with potential to be faster and just enough controll elements to still finish a game that starts to stablize.

That deck would have the classic rip there heads off, blood thrister/grimgor development tricks, which you want to into battlefield anyways as you have three gors in the deck as well as the servants of khorn, all cheap all the time this deck. Only a tad slower then orc or orc skaven, and only cause you need to get one chaos symbol on the board. Cull the weak and and sadistic mutation grace this deck for speed and options respectivley. Call the weak gets rid of that pesky sellsword you dropped on the first turn that you are tired of having passed arround, boosting the horde of spider riders, goblins and servants of khorn, oh and savage maruders too.

#9 smalldwarf

smalldwarf

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:55 PM

thks, for all your constructive comments.

On deck orc control (orc/chaos), that´s work but this is not funny to play and you need to be clever (I give up).

For sure, units composing this deck are quite weak, nurgle pestilence = troll vomit just for myself.

after Tac, I will bring the moulder Elite and follow a large part of your advices, but I will not play rat/orc mixed.

^^

#10 Dywnarc

Dywnarc

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

have fun!

#11 Dywnarc

Dywnarc

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

Give me a day and I will get arround to posting a dwarf deck that appears to work 

#12 smalldwarf

smalldwarf

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:47 AM

are you playing online?

#13 Dywnarc

Dywnarc

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:17 AM

No. But I would love to. I need someone to guide me through the process, I "applied" at the site link someone gave me and have not got a response.

#14 Stillborn

Stillborn

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:23 AM

How do you play online?

#15 Harliquine

Harliquine

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

You've got the right idea with keeping an never ending horde of orks crashing down on your opponent but if you want consistant wins against some of the new hotness out there you will need resource control. Try this out.  It's similar to what you have now but also has a lot of control cards to keep order side bolter thrower, spite dwarves, & high elf the resurection off you as well as keeping disorder mill deck, rival ork rush, and chaos corruption/unit control off you.

You have to control those elements or else it's fine that you can troll vommit but those support cards and developements of theirs will allow them to recover more quickly than you and trust me 36 damage from high elves or being forced to pitch 10+ cards a turn off the top of your deck is no fun. With the changes you get to have a rush deck but it's got some surprises. And don't forget the wolf rider assaults because you will need them vs some of the new hotness out there as well as to keep control of your resource/draw power.

total 55 cards
unit (34):
2* snottling pump wagon
3* spider riders
2* grimgore iron hide
3* giant cave squig
2* followers of mork
3* squid herders
3* boar boyz
3* stuny smashers
2* iron boyz
3* lobber crew
2* nigth goblins
2* big 'uns
2* snottling sabboteurs
support (11):
3* choppa
3* grimgor´s camp
3* bottomless mine
2* scrap heap
2* warp stone excavation

tactic 10:
2* troll vomit
2* we´z bigga
2* pillage
2* wolf rider assault
2* smash go boom

#16 ddm5182

ddm5182

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:31 AM

No concrete list from me yet, but wanted to post support for this line of thinking in the current metagame.  Outpost Thrower is very fast and resilient to disruption, but if it has a weak point, it is to fast aggressive decks.  Ditto dwarves - they are a true midrange deck (traditionally the 'best' type of deck to play vs. aggro), but they are very, very slow.  I am dubious whether the cards exist yet to make a really aggressive deck with enough speed and consistency to beat thrower, but I think this is a good place to look to attack the format right now.

#17 iGogol

iGogol

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

Stillborn said:

How do you play online?

You can play online to Warhammer Invasion LCG with the same free software to play A Game of Thrones LCG : OCTGN. To find players, Wippien (or Hamachi) is good and free software to create a online player community.

[Sorry for my bad english spoken, i'm french…]

#18 Stillborn

Stillborn

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

Thanks installing it now.

How do we PM each other in these forums btw?

It would be cool to see if anyone wants to play without hijaking a thread :P

#19 iGogol

iGogol

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

With Wippien, you have a network as same as MSN or other. You can see players online.

When you install Wippien, you have an "id" : pseudo@wippien.com. For exemple, my "id" is igogol@wippien.com

All players have an id on Wippien. If you want to see friends, you must have to add contact with their "id".

You can chat with friend, and choose the date to play. All users on Wippien have an IP choos eby Wippien. With OCTGN, you create a game, choose the IP4 connection. The another player join the game with OCTGN and copy your Wippien IP.

#20 Dragantonio

Dragantonio

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

Any Idea on hamachi? Does anybody knows any network names and passwords...?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS