A quick question from someone who doesnt play the game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Videa

Videa

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

I have to get a gift for a friend who plays this game, and I was wondering if there are any things involved with this game that I could get her. We have a price limit so under 20$ would be good (its a secret santa thing)..

I played D&D for a while and I know dice were a big thing, are dice used in this game... do people like having their own sets?

Thanks in advance for helping this noob...

#2 bioball

bioball

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

Most expansion are $25-30 (US), but you might want to get some themed six-sided dice to replace the regular ones with the game. Just go to a local hobby store and pick out some dice that match the colors of the game or are a sort of antique ivory color (the best). I got some that were jade-colored with gold pips that matches the color of the box.

#3 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

Errr...  It's hard to say if you don't know what expansions she owns.  There are no add-ons to this game besides the expansions.  The smaller ones are around 20 bucks.  They were released in the following order:

Curse of the Dark Pharoah

The King In Yellow

The Black Goat of the Woods.

You might want to do a little spying before buying so you don't get her one she already has.

#4 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

[accidental double post]

#5 Fecktor

Fecktor

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:42 PM

Well, Arkham Horror comes with a Lot of decks of cards, and a lot of monster tokens so...  something that doesn't come with the game itself and must be scrap-built by the players themselves is the "Monster Cup", where all the monster tokens goes and are drawn from.  Some use a bag, some a small box, etc, but if he didn't go all creative with it yet, something that I am Sure every Arkham Horror player could appreciate is a nice pouch to be used as the Monster Cup (with an Elder Sign or "King in Yellow" Sign or Arkham Portal logo or something Cthullhuish, if he's a fan, even :) )  It shouldn't be that expensive...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS