Damage resistance creatures

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pazimos

Pazimos

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:25 AM

I don't understand the rules for damage resistance...

Is it as simple as, a character attacks the creatures and gets a 150 on the roll and I roll 1d100 for the creature and it gets a 60, so I check thable 38: The Combat Table for the result under 90 and then calculate the damage based on the creatures AT?

#2 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:47 AM

Pazimos said:

I don't understand the rules for damage resistance...

Is it as simple as, a character attacks the creatures and gets a 150 on the roll and I roll 1d100 for the creature and it gets a 60, so I check thable 38: The Combat Table for the result under 90 and then calculate the damage based on the creatures AT?

yes. but as a dr creature, getting hit doesnt mean he loses his actions. only if he gets criticaly hit. rules are different for DR creatures getting crit.

#3 Pazimos

Pazimos

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

ah very well thank you, no wonder they tend to have higher LP 

#4 TheTenth

TheTenth

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:58 AM

not to forget they also have "vulnerable points" giving only 10% of life pojnts needed to score a critical (usually I allow a search roll after a few combat rounds to perceive one ; I'm also working on a secondary ability of monster knowledge allowing limited knowledge on creature powers that would allow to find some weak points and be prepared against special powers)

#5 ilovecheese1

ilovecheese1

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

Also remember that there are special instances where a DR creature would take loads of damage. Including my favorite which is an area attack that covers at least half of its body. This is covered in the Damage Resistant creatures in combat section of the combat chapter.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS