Photo

Rules summary (including all official rulings)

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

Updated to include links to every official ruling plus non-official clarifications for new players.

Last updated: 9/22/2010.

Players who aren't familiar with the cards may want to check out Entropy's version of this post over at deckbox, which offers mouseover card text.

General rules 

Burning Zones

Q. Can I still use units abilities/draw cards/get resources if the relevant zone is burning?

A. Yes. A zone that is burning still functions normally except that it cannot be assigned damage (official FAQ).

Q. Can I attack an already burning zone?

A. Yes (official FAQ).

Q. If a zone has developments destroyed so that it would have enough damage on it to burn it, does it burn?

A. Yes (rulebook, p12).

Beginning of Turn

Q. Do effects that occur "at the beginning of the turn" occur before the Kingdom phase?

A. Yes.  They occur in the action window before the Kingdom phase.

Q. If I have multiple optional effects that occur at the beginning of turn, can I put them all in the same stack, or different stacks?

A. If you have multiple optional effects that occur at the beginning of turn, you can play them any time you want during the "beginning of turn" action window before the Kingdom phase.  So yes, you can do either.  James's ruling

Counterstrike

Q. Can I respond to my unit taking counterstrike damage, e.g. by sacrificing a unit to Grudge Thrower?

A. No, you cannot respond to counterstrike damage (rulebook, p16).

Q. Can I cancel counterstrike damage, e.g. via toughness?

A. No, counterstrike damage is uncancellable (rulebook, p16).

Q. Can I redirect counterstrike damage, e.g. via Warrior Priest's ability?

A. Yes. Redirection of damage is not cancellation.  However, note that if the redirection happens via an action (e.g. Blessing of Valaya) then that action must be played before declaration of defenders, since you cannot respond to counterstrike damage.

Quests

Q. Can I have 2 units questing on the same quest card?

A. No, but you may have them quest on 2 copies of the same quest (rulebook, p11).

Q. Can I add a unit already in play to a quest when I play the quest?

A. No (rulebook, p11).

Q. What happens if a unit on a quest is destroyed, moves zone or leaves play?

A. All resource counters on the quest are removed (rulebook, p11). Nate's ruling

Corruption

Q. If my unit is corrupted, can I still use its special abilities? And does it contribute power if in the Quest zone or Kingdom zone?

A. Yes, and yes. A corrupted unit may not be chosen as an attacker or defender but is otherwise unaffected (rulebook, p17).

Q. If my unit is already attacking or defending and becomes corrupted, what happens?

A. Nothing, it was already chosen as an attacker or defender (rulebook, p17).

Unit damage

Q. If a unit has 0 hit points, is it destroyed?

A. Yes, it is destroyed immediately (official FAQ & rulebook, p7 - the number of damage tokens on it is equal to its hit points ).

Q. If a unit has reduced hit points and damage on it so that the damage equals its hit points, is it destroyed?

A. Yes, it is destroyed immediately (rulebook, p7).

Q. When I am assigning indirect damage, can I assign more damage to a unit than would be needed to destroy it?

A. No (official FAQ). 

Q. If I move damage onto a target with toughness, does it prevent the damage?

A. No. Moving damage is not considered dealing or assigning damage (it is considered moving), and damage moved from one unit to another does bypass toughness. Nate's ruling

Actions

Q. If I have a card with an optional action (e.g. Runesmith, Nurgle Sorceror), can I use it more than once?

A. Yes, as long as you can pay the cost, there is not a limit to the number of times you can play the action unless specified on the card. 

Q. Do loyalty icons on tactics reduce the cost of tactics played in response?

A. No. The tactic is not in play and only race symbols in play count towards loyalty costs (rulebook, p11 & official FAQ).  Nate's ruling

Q. Can I respond to myself or my opponent playing units, support cards or developments with an action?

A. Yes (rulebook, p11).  However, you may not play units, support cards or developments in response to other actions.

Q. Do I choose what zone to put a unit into when I play the action, or when the unit enters play?

A. When you play the action. James' ruling 

Combat

Q. If a unit in combat moves out of the attacking zone (normally the battlefield) or defending zone, what happens?

A. Unless specified on the card that it can attack or defend from other zones, the unit is removed from combat. Note that if it already had damage assigned to it and it remains in play, it will still take the damage. Nate's ruling 

Q. If I defend with a unit with toughness or other damage cancellation abilities, does the attacker have to assign damage equal to the current hitpoints remaining of the unit or the total damage required to destroy it?

A. The total damage required to destroy it at the point where damage is assigned.  For example, if you defend with a unit with toughness 1 and 2 hitpoints, at least 3 damage must be assigned to that unit before further damage can be assigned to the capital.  James' ruling

Q. If I play a card like Waaagh! or use an action like Grudge Thrower before combat, do I get the bonus?

A. Yes, that kind of action creates a continuous effect that waits for the appropriate time to give the bonus.   James's ruling

Limited cards

Q. If I put a Limited card into play via a card effect (e.g. Dwarf Cannon Crew), can I still play a Limited card from my hand?

A. Yes.  Put into play does not count as play for the purposes of the Limited keyword.  James' ruling

Specific card rulings

Abandoned Mine

Q. If i have three copies of Abandoned Mine in play, at the beginning of my turn can i trigger each Abandoned Mine to take a total of 3 developments back into my hand?

A. Yes (official FAQ, Errata: Actions).

Q. If I have one Abandoned Mine can I trigger its action multiple times to draw multiple cards back into my hand?

A. No(official FAQ, Errata: Actions).

Alluring Daemonettes

Q. Can I use their ability more than once per turn?

A. Only if they somehow attack more than once per turn - their ability is a response ability.  James's ruling

Arrer Boyz

Q. Why does it say "takes damage" on Arrer Boyz instead of "is dealt damage"?

A. Because the source of the effect is itself.  James's ruling

Blessing of Valaya

Q. If the unit takes less than 2 damage before the end of turn, does the Blessing effect wear off?

A. Yes, effects last till end of turn unless stated otherwise.  James's ruling

Blood for the Blood God

Q. Can I target a unit in the quest zone or kingdom zone with  Blood for the Blood God?

A. No (card text).

Bloodthirster

Q. Does the Bloodthirster sacrifice itself if it is the only unit in its zone at the beginning of the turn?

A. Yes.

Q. Is it only the damage that the Bloodthirster deals that can't be cancelled, or all damage?

A. While the Bloodthirster is in play, all damage can not be cancelled.

Deathmaster Sniktch

Q. If I have 1 other Skaven in play and my opponent has a 2 HP creature with 1 damage on it, can I use the Deathmaster's ability to destroy it?

A. No.  The Deathmaster's ability only cares about HP, not damage.  We don't know why it says "remaining HP" instead of "HP" in the text.  James's ruling

Q. If the number of Skaven cards in play changes after I play the Deathmaster's ability (due to other actions being played in response), can that stop the Deathmaster destroying his target?

A. Yes.  If the number of Skaven cards in play would be equal to or greater than the hitpoints of the units when the ability resolves, then the Deathmaster's ability will fizzle.  James's ruling

Defend the Border

Q. If I have 2 copies of Defend the Border with 3 resource tokens on each and my capital takes 2 damage, what happens?

A. The same thing as if you only had 1 copy of Defend the Border with 3 resource tokens on it. The first point of damage (and only the first point) is redirected and the second point is dealt normally.

Dragonmage

Q. If I have Gromril Armour on a Dragonmage, does it still take damage?

A. No.  James's ruling

Dwarf Cannon Crew

Q. Do loyalty symbols matter for the cost of the support card in the top 5 cards?

A. No (Official FAQ, under Terminology Clarifications).

Q. If the Cannon Crew put a Limited card into play, can I still play a Limited card from my hand as normal?

A. Yes. James's ruling

Q. If I find a support card but don't want to put it into play, can I choose not to?

A. Yes.  You reshuffle the deck afterwards.  James's ruling

Q. If I do not find a support card, do I reshuffle the deck?

A. Yes.  James's ruling

Dwarf Ranger

Q. If multiple Rangers are destroyed by the same effect (e.g. Troll Vomit, Judgement of Verena, combat damage), do they trigger their damage on destruction?

A. No, they must be in play for their trigger to activate.

The Greatswords

Q. Does The Greatswords give itself +1 Power when it enters play?

A. Yes. Nate's ruling

Q. Does The Greatswords get +1 Power when a unit moves into its zone (e.g. via Johannes Broheim, Pistoliers, Forced March)?

A. Yes.

Grimgor Ironhide

Q. If I turn Grimgor face up with Rip Dere 'Eads Off!, does Grimgor destroy the support cards and developments in the corresponding zones?

A. No. The development containing Grimgor is already in play, so Grimgor does not enter play directly and his ability is not triggered (official FAQ).

Grudge Thrower

Q. If I sacrifice a unit to Grudge Thrower before combat, do I still get the attacking or defending bonus?

A. Yes.  James's ruling

Har Ganeth

Q. If I target a unit with Har Ganeth's ability and some other action happens in response to raise its hitpoints above 1, does the unit still return to its owners hand?

A. No, the ability will fizzle.  James's ruling

Q. Can I reduce the hitpoints of a unit (e.g. Vile Sorceress's ability, We Need Your Blood, etc) and then return it to owners hand with Har Ganeth?

A. Yes.  See the ruling for beginning-of-turn actions here.

Harpies

Q. If I use the Harpies' ability and then uncorrupt them via Chillwind or other restoration effect, can I use it again in the same turn?

A. No.  It is a response action like beginning-of-the-turn actions and you can only use it once per turn.  James's ruling

Hellcannon Reserves

Q. Does the extra damage from Hellcannon Reserves apply to non-targeted damage dealt from Nurgle's Pestilence?

A. No, the Reserves only add damage to effects that specifically say "target", e.g. Flames of Tzeentch. James's ruling

Horrific Mutation

Q. A unit with Counterstrike is assigned to defend against an attacker with Horrific Mutation. If the Mutation would reduce its hitpoints to 0 or to the damage on it, does it deal Counterstrike damage?

A. No. Nate's ruling

Iron Discipline

Q. If my opponent plays an attachment on a unit, can I use Iron Discipline to make him pay extra resources or cancel the attachment?

A. Yes (ruling reversal in official FAQ v1.2).

Isha's Gaze

Q. Can I heal a unit that has no damage on it to trigger Isha's Gaze?

A. No. James's ruling

Johannes Broheim

Q. Can I move Johannes on my opponent's turn?

A. Yes. He can move at the end of every phase, not just the phases in your turn.

King Kazador

Q. If I play Troll Vomit or Judgement of Verena, must I spend an additional 3 resources to destroy Kazador?

A. No. Troll Vomit and Judgement of Verena do not target cards.

Rat Ogres

Q. If I have multiple copies of Rat Ogres in play, can I corrupt a Clan Rats/Deathmaster Sniktch/etc between the Rat Ogres uncorruption triggers?

A. Yes.  James's ruling

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Q. Can I use the Reaper Bolt Thrower's ability more than once in a turn?

A. No (errata to card in official FAQ v1.2)

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Q. Can I use the Repeater Bolt Thrower's ability more than once in the same turn?

A. No (errata to card text in official FAQ v1.2).

Q. If a response to the activation of the Repeater Bolt Thrower destroys a development (e.g. via Demolition), does it change the amount of indirect damage the Bolt Thrower does?

A. No, since the X was already fixed when the Repeater Bolt Thrower activation cost was paid.  James's ruling

Rip Dere 'Eads Off

Q. If I turn Grimgor face up with Rip Dere 'Eads Off!, does Grimgor destroy the support cards and developments in the corresponding zones?

A. No. The development containing Grimgor is already in play, so Grimgor does not enter play directly and his ability is not triggered (official FAQ).

Q. If my opponent responds to me playing a hero with Rip Dere 'Eads Off and reveals the same hero, what happens?

A. The hero that Rip Dere 'Eads Off revealed remains in play and is sacrificed at the end of the turn.  The version played from hand is immediately sacrificed. James' ruling

Runefang of Solland

Q. If I use Runefang's ability to sacrifice the unit it's attached to to play a tactic, do I still have to pay loyalty costs or other costs (sacrificing other units, etc) associated with the tactic?

A. Yes.  The cost that is reduced to 0 is the base cost in the top left of the card.

Sadistic Mutation

Q. If you play Sadistic Mutation on a Nurgle Sorceror, does it do an extra damage if you activate the Sorceror during combat?

A. No. Sadistic Mutation activates only when damage is done as a result of combat.

Q. If I choose to deal damage to a capital, who chooses which section is damaged?

A. The player controlling the Mutation. Nate's ruling

Q. If damage dealt by a unit is cancelled, does Sadistic Mutation trigger and do its damage?

A. Yes, as long as the unit could assign some damage, Sadistic Mutation will trigger normally. Nate's ruling

Shrine to Nurgle

Q. If you have Shrine To Nurgle in play, and damage an opposing unit via direct damage (e.g. Flames of Tzeentch, Nurgle Sorceror), does it become corrupted?

A. No (official FAQ, errata to Shrine to Nurgle).

Q. If you play Nurgle's Pestilence during combat with a Shrine to Nurgle in play, does it corrupt all of the opponent's units?

A. No (official FAQ, errata to Shrine to Nurgle).

Q. If you have Shrine To Nurgle in play, and damage an opposing unit via counterstrike damage, does it become corrupted?

A. Yes.  Counterstrike damage is considered combat damage (official FAQ, counterstrike definition). Note that the corrupted unit in this case was already declared as an attacker, so it continues combat normally unless it is destroyed by the counterstrike damage.

Slaanesh's Domination

Q. Can my opponent respond to me playing Slaanesh's Domination by playing tactics so that I won't be able to play them?

A. Yes, but they must do that before the 3 random cards are revealed.

Shrine to Taal

Q. If the number of developments I have in the zone containing Shrine to Taal changes, does it affect the power bonus granted by Shrine to Taal?

A. No. The power bonus is fixed at the resolution of the Shrine to Taal effect. Nate's ruling

Stand Your Ground

Q. If a dwarf unit was a development that was destroyed, can I play Stand Your Ground to return it to play?

A. Yes (official FAQ).

Stubborn Refusal

Q. If damage is applied to a unit and it is enough to destroy it, can I move the damage off the unit with Stubborn Refusal?

A. No. Stubborn Refusal cannot be used to prevent terminal damage. Nate's ruling

The Glittering Tower

Q. If multiple units are healed by the same effect (e.g. Initiate of Saphery's ability), does the Tower's ability trigger once or once for each unit healed?

A. It triggers once for each unit healed.  So if Greater Heal healed 3 units, you would get to do 3 damage assigned as you wish.  James's ruling

Totem of Gork

Q. Does the power bonus granted by the Totem apply to all units in battlefield zones, or just the battlefield with the Totem in it?

A. Just the battlefield with the Totem.  Each player has 3 zones which are considered separate zones from opposing zones.

Thyrus Gorman

Q. Why does it say "takes damage" on Thyrus Gorman instead of "is dealt damage"?

A. Because the source of the effect is itself.  James's ruling

Twin-Tailed Comet

Q. If a variable cost tactic like Flames of Tzeentch is copied, what is the X in the effect?

A. 0. So a copied Flames of Tzeentch would normally do 0 damage. Nate's ruling

Urguck

Q. How does Urguck work? Can I add damage to him to get resources?

A. No, you may remove damage from him during your capital phase and for each damage removed you gain 1 resource.

Vigilant Electors

Q. Do the Electors count as a unit after they change to an attachment?

A. No, and in fact they will/have been erratad to be a support card after they change. James's ruling

Waaagh!

Q. If I play Waaagh before combat (e.g. at the beginning of my turn), do I still get the bonus to power when I attack?

A. Yes.  James's ruling

Warpstone Meteor

Q. Can I choose to take damage on the capital instead of corrupting a unit in the same zone as the Meteor?

A. Yes. Nate's ruling

Q. Can I take the damage anywhere in the capital, or must it be in the same zone?

A. Anywhere in the capital.

Warp Lightning Cannon

Q. Can I attach the Cannon to an opponent's unit when I play it (and therefore corrupt that unit)?

A. Yes.  James's ruling

We'z Bigga!

Q. If I play 2 copies of We'z Bigga and then a unit, does the unit cost 1 or 2 less? And does it come into play with 1 or 2 damage on it?

A. The unit will cost 2 less and come into play with 2 damage on it. Nate's ruling

Will of the Electors

Q. Can I move developments from one zone to 2 other zones with Will of the Electors?

A. No, the developments must go to the same zone.

#2 mathulus

mathulus

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:14 PM

Clamatius said:

Q. Do effects that occur "at the beginning of the turn" occur before the Kingdom phase?

A. Yes, with the exception of Abandoned Mine.

"A. Yes, with the exception of "at the beginning of the turn" Actions." Wuld be better since its not just confined to Abondoned Mine. (soon there are more "at the beginning of the turn" actions)

Clamatius said:

Q. Can I respond to forced effects that occur at the beginning of the turn, e.g. by sacrificing a card to Grudge Thrower in response to it being targeted by Cloud of Flies?

A. No. The first time that players may play optional actions is in the Kingdom phase, after a unit has become uncorrupted.

"A. No. You can only respond to actions." Is more correct. (Your awnser wuld imply that you culd respond to forced effects.)

Good initiative  I've seen a lot of these questions posted here.

#3 Gerson

Gerson

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

Clamatius said:

Q. When I am assigning indirect damage, can I assign more damage to a unit than would be needed to destroy it?

A. Yes.

Has this been confirmed ? That would make all the cards that inflict lots of indirect damage almost useless.

Regarding the FAQ, nice initiative. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

#4 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

mathulus: thanks for the feedback. Updated accordingly.

Gerson: no confirmation as yet on that. But all the other damage assignment lets you assign more damage than necessary to kill a unit, so without a formal ruling from FFG that's the way we play it for now.

#5 Martin_fr

Martin_fr

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

Gerson said:

That would make all the cards that inflict lots of indirect damage almost useless.

Even in such a situation, "Surprise Assault" would kill an enemy unit or burn a zone. Is this almost useless for 2 ressources, moreover when it's a neutral card ?

@Clamatius : thanks for your efforts. 

#6 Cain_hu

Cain_hu

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

Thank you for the FAQ ! :)

Gerson

Repeater Bolt Thower is still a machine gun, while Suprise Assault work wonders with Troll Vomit or Judgement of Verena...

#7 Rakshasa

Rakshasa

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:46 PM

Clamatius said:

Gerson: no confirmation as yet on that. But all the other damage assignment lets you assign more damage than necessary to kill a unit, so without a formal ruling from FFG that's the way we play it for now.

True, but Combat Damage is assigned by the player dealing the damage, and can be over-assigned to compensate for Toughness. Indirect Damage is assigned by the player receiving the damage, and thus assigning, say, five damage to a unit of guffy Goblins seems a bit of a bum steer.

If you are given the option of assigning your own damage, obviously it would make sense to assign it in such a way that it has no effect. If another player is over-assigning damage, they'll have a reason. And it won't be because they're feeling like giving the Chosen of Tzeentch a break!

#8 mateooo

mateooo

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:28 AM

Clamatius said:

why put player opinion on this FAQ?

this would be more helpful if it only contained CONFIRMED rule clarifications, otherwise its worthless.

#9 Cain_hu

Cain_hu

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:07 AM

mateooo said:

Clamatius said:

this would be more helpful if it only contained CONFIRMED rule clarifications, otherwise its worthless.

Basically it don't need a clarification at all, since there is NOTHING in the rulebook or on the cards what would contradict with this FAQ.

Sorry, but every opposition to this point I seen in the forums based on and supported by only player imagination. As you say, there s no place for unsupported opinions in the FAQ.

#10 dagger85

dagger85

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:39 AM

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Just got the game last night and it answered quite a few of the questions we had in our first game.

#11 mateooo

mateooo

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:58 AM

Cain_hu said:

Basically it don't need a clarification at all, since there is NOTHING in the rulebook or on the cards what would contradict with this FAQ.

Sorry, but every opposition to this point I seen in the forums based on and supported by only player imagination. As you say, there s no place for unsupported opinions in the FAQ.

shrug... there have been more than a dozen rule clarifications that could not have been made using the rulebook and card text. You might very well be right, but why not just wait until the official response (I have sent this question myself to rule support), instead of posting it on an "FAQ" which implies an OFFICIAL answer, when in fact this answer is not OFFICIAL and in fact is just your very strong opinion, (many people agree with you, and many do not). Many very intelligent people have had very strong opinions about rule disputes in this game, and ended up being very wrong. 

In fact, some persistent errors have been made and propagated (IE Warpstone Meteor) be people who claimed they had the official answer, when in fact they did not, and all it did was spread confusion and waste time.

Personally I see your point regarding this rule, but I also see how the opinion you share makes a lot of cards just about worthless, if you can assign 100000 points of indirect damage to a 1 hitpoint unit.... that just doesnt make sense. As it is, there is NO OFFICIAL PUBLISHED DEFINITION of "Indirect Damage" and as such, no one can say how Indirect damage can or can't be distributed.

If it is indeed "our FAQ" I would recommend only posting OFFICIAL answers and rulings, or else it wont be helpful and may in fact be harmful and confusing.

#12 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:08 AM

mateooo said:

You're welcome to your opinion, but if I were you I would make your point less rudely.

I know that if I was running a tournament, I sure would like something I could print out and point at to say "ok, this is the way we're playing the game" rather than saying "ok guys, let's pause the round while I fumble through a forum".  If you think that having a single community-based rules standard in the absence of an official one is worthless, I strongly disagree and I suspect that most players would too.

Not everything in our FAQ is explicitly confirmed by FFG - e.g. the entry for Johannes Broheim, IIRC, wasn't something that Nate posted.  However, there are a whole ton of things in the game that don't always behave the way that players expect, like Johannes or burning zones, despite being covered in the rules.  It seems like it will help out  to spell out those cases.

On indirect damage: there is no reason to suggest that it works any other way than other noncombat damage except that the player assigning damage is the one receiving the damage.  I seriously doubt that  Nate will say that indirect damage doesn't work the way that the rulebook says.  The only case that I've seen where that was the case was Abandoned Mine (which I think was just an oversight in the card wording).

Alright.  Now to a more productive note, if anyone has suggestions on other things where players misinterpret the rules, please post and let me know.  I know that our group played several cards wrongly until we realised how they actually work  - e.g. Urguck.

#13 hogilogic

hogilogic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:30 AM

at least the faq should make it clear wether or not a specific answer is official. that would satisfy both sides, right?

#14 hogilogic

hogilogic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:37 AM

i have doubts regarding the twin-tailed-comet answer, is it official?

if not, the card text is rather clear: it states "copy the effects of a tactic just played", and since the effects of a x=4 flames are exactly dealing 4 damage, twin-tailed-comet would also let you deal 4 damage.

#15 Aykenger

Aykenger

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

Yes, that was a ruling by Nate. Should be on the second or third page of the Forum's rules section.

#16 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:06 AM

hogilogic said:

at least the faq should make it clear wether or not a specific answer is official. that would satisfy both sides, right?

Sure, that makes sense.  I'll try to update with answers from Nate as I find them again, but part of the reason I wrote this in the first place was that finding the official answers was hard.

#17 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

Clamatius said:

hogilogic said:

Sure, that makes sense.  I'll try to update with answers from Nate as I find them again, but part of the reason I wrote this in the first place was that finding the official answers was hard.

Alas, it seems that the rather quirky FFG forum editor doesn't allow editing the post now (although it did before).  That will make keeping this up to date here on the forum quite difficult.

... and now it is allowing me to edit the OP again.  The forum editor help seems to indicate that you can edit a post only within 5 minutes.  What this seems to mean is that I can only update the OP if I post to the thread.  So I guess every time I find a new ruling or question I'll have to post again to say what the change is, unless someone has a better idea.

#18 Aykenger

Aykenger

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:54 AM

When clicking on the "Report to Moderator" link on your post and exchange the word "reportar" with "editar" in the adress line and open that web-adress. That will allow you to edit your post.

#19 hogilogic

hogilogic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:12 AM

Aykenger said:

Yes, that was a ruling by Nate. Should be on the second or third page of the Forum's rules section.

thanks, i found it under the topic "nate has spoken" (somehow i fail to get the link pasted into the text-area).

some more questions regarding twin-tailed comet:

may i suggest that the faq included the case, when it is not the "cost" that is variable, but something else (like in surprise assault): as i understand nates ruling, you would always have to determine X independently from the original playing of the tactic.

and what happens if i twin-tailed another twin-tailed comet? nates ruling would pretty much mean, that i could copy not the effect of the copied tactic, but only the copying itself (thus twin-tailing another twin-tailed comet makes zero difference).

does "a tactic just played" mean, that it can only copy the effects of the most recent tactic played (in fact the last card played, in case one played nordland helbardiers in between)? does this mean twin-tailed comet had to be played as a response and will therefore resolve before the copied tactic, or is this optional?

#20 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

Reasonable questions, and I haven't seen official answers from Nate.  Feel free to submit them.  Here's my opinion:

- If you use TTC on Surprise Assault, the X is not a cost like it is for Flames, it's the # of developments in your battlefield. So it's going to count the number of developments in your battlefield rather than the controller of Surprise Assault.

- Using TTC on another TTC instead of the original action isn't going to make any difference - it's copying the same thing as the original one did.

- In the context of TTC, "an action just played" means "an action played that hasn't resolved yet".

I updated the OP with all the "official" answers from Nate I've found so far.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS