Photo

What do you think that must be added (or is still missing) in Talisman 4th Revised Edition

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

Hello everyone,

I wanted to make a topic, where everyone can add his idea that he want to see (or is still missing) in Talisman 4th Revised Edition

So.. what is your wish for Talisman Revised Edition?..

Let's make a list that includes all the wishes from Talisman fans on this forum.

#2 Mr. Brogger

Mr. Brogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

Nice! ... I would like to see:

• dark / light  fate
  • more alternative endings
  • Mountain expansion
  • City expansion
  • Forrest expansion
  • Dragon expansion

That is what I so far could come up with

cheer

#3 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

• more alternative endings
  • more scenario based game alternatives
  • Mountain expansion
  • City expansion ( a better one)
  • Forrest expansion
  • a more deadly challenging game overall (I mean game environment, not more demigod options for players)

#4 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:39 AM

* Mountain expansion 

* City expansion

* Forest expansion

* Dragon expansion

* Dragon Tower

* More alternative endings

* More retro cards

* Neutral alignment shop +cards for Neutral

* More alignment events

* More events that contains danger

* Third edition trapdoors, (landing on a vault space)

* New Raider cards

* Dark& Light Fate

* Different toad figures (warrior toad, ranger toad etc

* More different purchase cards ( i like to see the bows back)

* Overlays for Inner region ( a snow overlay for the ice queen perhaps)

* Overlays that contains wildernis spaces for the middle region. (if it is possible)

#5 redsimon

redsimon

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:17 AM

• More purchase cards
  • additional  NPC's like the Grim Reaper: Two types. One type replaces Reaver (acts on a 1 on a movement roll) and the other works in conjunction with Reaper (acts on a 6).
  • neutral alignment cards (objects, followers, events, strangers, places).
  • More alternative endings.

#6 Arfi

Arfi

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

What do You think about cards that gives advantages / disadvantage depending on female / male  or human / nonhuman characters?

It will give some new opportunities for choosing heroes

#7 kalle

kalle

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:19 AM

Can't say theres anything missing, the game is huge as it is. So far the expansions have all been really good, and have added to the game, so whatever comes, I'll be more than happy to get it. Dungeon has been the absolutely best expansion, and as there quite often is not so much to do with money, perhaps a similar City expansion with more to purchase might be nice.

Juts keep the expansions coming and the standards as high as they have been so far.

#8 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:06 AM

• The Doppelganger and the Instructor cards (also other promo cards published only by Internet) should have been included in normal expansion  - too many Talisman fans in the whole world miss them.
  • More retro adventure cards from 2nd and 3rd edition
  • More Dungeon cards - too many enemies for the moment - including Altar, Gong, more Events, Strangers and Places and of course new type of Spider with very thematic web abillity (from 2nd ed.)
  • More Purchase desk cards to make gold more useful in the game but I think we must wait for the City expansion to get that
  • More Dragons on a main board (Dragon Expansions)
  • Icy land in relation to Frostmarch (Mountain Expansion)
  • New mechanics board - something like Timescape in 2nd ed but of course more thematic this time (idea about Islands on a Sea is great) 
  • Powerful items to make a Command Spell much stronger (for the moment we have only Spells which prevent from it) to avoid healing strategy for those who like standard CoC ending. Those items should force other Characters to tend to the CoC space and to the final PvP battle - most exciting point of the game.

#9 Tons-Home-rules

Tons-Home-rules

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:22 AM

1-More “equalizer, you’re dead, the end” (ex= Reaper, Basilisk) cards
2-More “draw 1+ more card than normal” cards
3-Cards that give a global +1 +2 to enemies i.e. Runes-like events
4-More CR/ST 7+ enemies
5-More corner boards, esp. City
6-Inlay/Overlay/Something to make the Inner Region MUCH more difficult

Essentially, more ways for characters to die, especially if random, i.e. more “Flat rate that you die”. Less of the “pack leader wins, trailing person loses” although, have some of them too, for variety. More Equalizers / “game playing you” type deal. More lethal events (No more waste of space cards like “snowdrifts” please).

#10 Harlan Draka

Harlan Draka

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:59 AM

an official mini -tower to store all of the adventure cards, definitely.

I hate to stock them in different piles, it's a mess in the middle of the table.

#11 redsimon

redsimon

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

Well you don't have to pile all cards in the middle of course. I only use parts of the adventure cards deck and have the others waiting somewhere else. I will probably do the same with the spell deck once this becomes too large.

#12 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:07 AM

redsimon said:

Well you don't have to pile all cards in the middle of course. I only use parts of the adventure cards deck and have the others waiting somewhere else. I will probably do the same with the spell deck once this becomes too large.

I place it at one side of the board.

But i agree with Harlan Draka, that we need something that can hold our adventure deck. Especially if they are in sleeves.

I also vote for these wishes..

*  A new NPC character is welcome (maybe a toad king)

* More events, places, strangers (including Gong, and Altar) for the dungeon.

* More cards that makes some spaces a draw 2 space (if overlays are not possible)

* Event cards that increase the enemies on the board with a +1 or +2 strength or craft

* A card holder on the table, where you can stack your adventure cards, spells etc

* More 7+ strength&Craft enemies for the mainboard

#13 Mr. Brogger

Mr. Brogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:46 AM

Velhart said:

I was thinking of a witch that works the same way as the witch adventure card when she lands on a character. Maybe with more toad risk 

#14 EvilEdwin

EvilEdwin

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:36 AM

I'd like to see some new upgrade characters like the High Mage and Templar, but revise them so they're more useful. Maybe less "wall of text" on them, so fewer abilities but make them more powerful.

I'd also like to see ways of stripping away these upgrades, so people fight over having them, rather then the old first come, first served approach.

#15 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

Mr. Brogger said:

Velhart said:

I was thinking of a witch that works the same way as the witch adventure card when she lands on a character. Maybe with more toad risk 

Nah, i just want something original.

But it's your wish off course..

I go for a Toad King

#16 Lubricus

Lubricus

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

Velhart said:

Mr. Brogger said:

Velhart said:

I go for a Toad King

Too bad Talisman isn't supposed to be the same world as Warhammer anymore. I'd love to see a Slann mage-priest turn everyone into toads!

#17 Mr. Brogger

Mr. Brogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:07 AM

Velhart said:

Mr. Brogger said:

Velhart said:

I go for a Toad King

A Toad King would absolut also be cool. We could make the rules together in this forum and then I could make the art and maybe sculp his figure

- Could be a new topic like:

Creating Toad King.

Cheers

#18 KONRAD

KONRAD

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:22 AM

Mr. Brogger said:

Velhart said:

Mr. Brogger said:

Velhart said:

I go for a Toad King

A Toad King would absolut also be cool. We could make the rules together in this forum and then I could make the art and maybe sculp his figure

- Could be a new topic like:

Creating Toad King.

Cheers

thats a great idea! i also,would like to see something to stack your cards in.(maybe a carrier aswell.)

#19 XxZeebroxX

XxZeebroxX

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:58 AM

Hey Guys, :D

Due to me playing the game so much because that is the only way to get my friends together and actully do something lol i have a couple of ideas sure.

1) at least one more Expansion on like the oppostire side of the board something to do with the Grim Reapers ( Grims Lair Or Something) with consists of far worse **** the the dungeon and main map.

2) some more characters which aren't based on human aspects for example a Ente Tree Folk or Centuar i no there is a centaur card in the game but a prop character would rock or even a minotour.

3) well like i mentioned an expansion i like someones idea of like a wild forest which could connect on the the forest already or something like that and in this expansion have these new wild creatures and characters.

4) more purchase cards, bad effect cards and a new alignment something which goes beyond the boundries of Good, Evil and Neutral. eg ( Holy thats above good and Madness Or Chaos Beyond Evil.? Maybe What do i know.

i figure people won't want to make the game longer they would want to make it shorter so more bad effect cards would force characters to move for the crowns faster or fofill quest faster or kill the ice Queen at a fast pace. i guess we have all played where everyone playing is havin ga bad start like early toad transformation or instance death of one the there fav Characters, so make what ever gets added should have ways to stich up people and reward characters at a precent of 50-50 split.

Cheers hope some my ideas help.

#20 Freeasy

Freeasy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:06 AM

I would like to see:

- more characters: Pirates, Barbarians, Hobbits, Nazghouls, Vampires, Werewolfs, Canibals, Nags, Behemonts, Centaurs

- some flying characters

- board expansions like Mountains, Forest, City as well as new ones like Islands, Village, Castle etc, Timescape at the end :-)

- more dangerous enemies (Dragons expansion)

- more equipment: bow, spear, crossbow

- more alternative endings (not for self printing, bleahhhh)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS