• 1,808 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

No, really. Check out this article.

#2 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

~Yeah, like anybody is sarcastic on the internet.

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:33 PM

I don't know what's sadder: that people are going to pay $1.99 for the thing instead of adopting a free convention like the tilde on our boards, or that none of us ever thought to sell our "sarcasterisk."

#4 Maester_LUke

Maester_LUke

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

I was describing the board's use of the sarcasterisk in an e-mail to someone this summer and they googled it before asking me what I meant found it listed on UrbanDictionary.com as well as here.  As far as I can recall, I think (?) that I was the first one to use the appellation on these boards when I was struggling to describe it to others, but I don't know if someone else had done so during Westeros Block.

#5 Arma virumque

Arma virumque

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:17 AM

So the tilde is a unique convention to this forum?  Drat -- once I figured out what it meant, I loved it so much I've started using it other places too.  (I thought it was just a new convention that I was slow to pick up on....)  I even "educated" other people on it.

My email recipients are probably very confused....

#6 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:33 AM

Hey, I'm all for spreading it as much as possible. Without tildes, I'm sure I make considerably less sense.

#7 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:08 AM

Yeah, I don't know that it's unique, but I see it here far more than anywhere else. By all means, spread it. 

"'Cause knowing is half the battle!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS