Event/Location exploration tokens and multiple heros

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ckessel

ckessel

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

The question is more generic about any of the "do X if the hero lands here" events and locations, but for example, if I have two heroes land on a "Temple" token, do I get 2 influence or 4? If two heroes land on a "Raiding Party", do both take 1 point of damage?

#2 DarkElf

DarkElf

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

ckessel said:

The question is more generic about any of the "do X if the hero lands here" events and locations, but for example, if I have two heroes land on a "Temple" token, do I get 2 influence or 4?

The rules are pretty clear, I think : 

"Temple : Keep this token faceup in the area. When a hero ends his Quest Phase in this area, his controller gains two influence."

I can't say it more clearly, I'm afraid.

So, yes, if two of your heroes end their turn there you get 2x2 influence.

ckessel said:

If two heroes land on a "Raiding Party", do both take 1 point of damage?

Again the rules are very clear, IMO.

Two Heroes CANNOT land on a raiding party

One Hero enters the Raiding Party area. Raiding Party gets resolved and DISCARDED.

Now activate your second hero. There's no raiding party anymore.

#3 ckessel

ckessel

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:06 AM

Rather snarky and insultingly implies the OP is a moron that can't read, but I suppose it has my answer.

#4 Charian

Charian

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:38 AM

ckessel said:

Rather snarky and insultingly implies the OP is a moron that can't read, but I suppose it has my answer.

Well, his nickname is Darkelf, so what would you expect;-)

#5 Kias

Kias

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

DarkElf said:

ckessel said:

The question is more generic about any of the "do X if the hero lands here" events and locations, but for example, if I have two heroes land on a "Temple" token, do I get 2 influence or 4?

The rules are pretty clear, I think : 

"Temple : Keep this token faceup in the area. When a hero ends his Quest Phase in this area, his controller gains two influence."

I can't say it more clearly, I'm afraid.

So, yes, if two of your heroes end their turn there you get 2x2 influence.

I am not quite seeing how this is so clear cut. It doesnt say anything in there that implies the controller gets a multiplier for having more than one hero in there. I read exploration tokens as one shots, so I would disagree that you get 4 influence in this instance. We won't know until the FAQ and more hands on time with the game though.

#6 broken

broken

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:42 AM

I'm going to have to agree with Darkelf here, and I think the OP's post itself implies that the OP can't read, or at least didn't, in this case.

@Kias

The problem with that logic is that there also isn't anything whatsoever implying that you wouldn't get the extra influence for ending additional heroes' quest phases in a space with a temple.  The way it reads, it would appear that you would get the extra influence, since it says:

"Temple (Location):
Keep this token faceup in the area. When a
hero ends his Quest Phase in this area, his
controller gains two influence."

Note that it does not say: "When a player has one or more heroes in this area at the end of the Quest Phase, he gains 2 influence."

#7 ckessel

ckessel

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:28 AM

broken said:

I'm going to have to agree with Darkelf here, and I think the OP's post itself implies that the OP can't read, or at least didn't, in this case.

Man, rough forum...

The problem to me is the phrasing. Saying "when _a_ hero ends his Quest phase the controller gets stuff" is different than saying "for _each_ hero ending his Quest phase the controller gets stuff".

If the intent was get stuff for each hero then I'd assume the rules would say for each hero. As it reads now, it feels ambiguous. I can interpret it to be "for each hero" or "if the controller has a hero present".

I'm glad it's crystal clear to you really smart people. For us morons, there was wiggle room.

#8 broken

broken

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:39 AM

ckessel said:

broken said:

Man, rough forum...

The problem to me is the phrasing. Saying "when _a_ hero ends his Quest phase the controller gets stuff" is different than saying "for _each_ hero ending his Quest phase the controller gets stuff".

If the intent was get stuff for each hero then I'd assume the rules would say for each hero. As it reads now, it feels ambiguous. I can interpret it to be "for each hero" or "if the controller has a hero present".

I'm glad it's crystal clear to you really smart people. For us morons, there was wiggle room.

I will agree it is not as explicit as it could be, but if you read it as it is written it means only one thing, and that is any time a hero ends that hero's quest phase in the area, the controller of that hero gets 2 influence.  It doesn't say "limit one per player" so there is no reason to assume that is how it works.

Also, the answer to your second question (OP) was blatantly obvious.

#9 Charian

Charian

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

ckessel said:

Man, rough forum...

Morons on these forums: maybe, could depend on how you define the word 'moron'.

You being one of them: no. As far as I know, asking a perfectly normal question does not qualify you as a moron, no matter how you define the term:-)

#10 Kias

Kias

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

broken said:

@Kias

The problem with that logic is that there also isn't anything whatsoever implying that you wouldn't get the extra influence for ending additional heroes' quest phases in a space with a temple.  The way it reads, it would appear that you would get the extra influence, since it says:

"Temple (Location):
Keep this token faceup in the area. When a
hero ends his Quest Phase in this area, his
controller gains two influence."

Note that it does not say: "When a player has one or more heroes in this area at the end of the Quest Phase, he gains 2 influence."

Yeah, good points. I posted on the way out this morning, so with the rule book in front of me, I have to agree that it does read like multiple heroes can receive the bonus (in context of the other events, etc.).

I guess my knee-jerk reaction against it was that it seemed to be out of balance in relation to all the other methods of earning influence. I mean, with ideal, maxed resources, each race can pull in b/w 5-6 inluence on their appropriate action card, and a development, which is costing an actual tic back in a resource dial, only brings in 2, which also needs an needs an action card. It seems off that a trio of heroes could constantly bring in up to 6 influence a year (granted they stop hunting runes, but from what I have been reading, I think 6 is a fairly large amount of influence).

But, that line of thought is just whistling in the wind until I get my hands on a copy of the game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS