Gate rules?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Plinka

Plinka

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:32 PM

I've been playing the base Arkham Horror game several times now. I have a question about the gate rules.

When a player enters the gate and is in the other dimension, can another player enter the same gate/dimension through the same gate token? What happens when a player is trapped in another dimension because another player closed all gates to that dimension?

Also, can the other players choose not to enter that gate while the player is in it and just wait on the gate space with extra clue tokens for when the explorer returns to Arkham? I've been doing that alot; we all send someone through the gate and collect clue tokens while she is in it. Then, we go to the gate token and just wait for them to return and we give them the tokens to seal. We are waiting on the actual gate token without going into the gate, so I was wondering if that is wrong and we should be sucked into the other dimension if we are on it. Also, we all try to close the gate in succession if the returned explorer doesn't succeed (even though we didn't go through the dimension with them).

#2 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,577 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:03 PM

Whoa...  Okay, several things.

1)You can't trade clue tokens, allies, or skills.

2)If an investigator should leave another world, but there are no gates from that world returning to Arkham, the investigator is Lost In Time and Space.

3)If an investigator moves onto a space with a gate, the investigator is sucked into the gate unless he has already explored it (and not moved off it since) after fighting or evading monsters on the gate.

4)Only the investigator who explored the other world can attempt to close or seal the gate.

5)I suggest you read the manual a few more times :') it takes a while to get everything (or most of the things right), but a few more rereads won't hurt.

Plinka said:

I've been playing the base Arkham Horror game several times now. I have a question about the gate rules.

When a player enters the gate and is in the other dimension, can another player enter the same gate/dimension through the same gate token? What happens when a player is trapped in another dimension because another player closed all gates to that dimension?

Also, can the other players choose not to enter that gate while the player is in it and just wait on the gate space with extra clue tokens for when the explorer returns to Arkham? I've been doing that alot; we all send someone through the gate and collect clue tokens while she is in it. Then, we go to the gate token and just wait for them to return and we give them the tokens to seal. We are waiting on the actual gate token without going into the gate, so I was wondering if that is wrong and we should be sucked into the other dimension if we are on it. Also, we all try to close the gate in succession if the returned explorer doesn't succeed (even though we didn't go through the dimension with them).

#3 Plinka

Plinka

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

Avi_dreader said:

2)If an investigator should leave another world, but there are no gates from that world returning to Arkham, the investigator is Lost In Time and Space.

3)If an investigator moves onto a space with a gate, the investigator is sucked into the gate unless he has already explored it (and not moved off it since) after fighting or evading monsters on the gate.

4)Only the investigator who explored the other world can attempt to close or seal the gate.

5)I suggest you read the manual a few more times :') it takes a while to get everything (or most of the things right), but a few more rereads won't hurt. 

Aha, ok, so you can't trade clue tokens.

So, according to the rules, two players can be on the same other-world space simultaneously, right?

Thanks for the help.

#4 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,577 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:26 PM

Plinka said:

Avi_dreader said:

Aha, ok, so you can't trade clue tokens.

So, according to the rules, two players can be on the same other-world space simultaneously, right?

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, they can.  You're welcome.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS