Combining Power of Pain and Power of Pleasure

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ishamael

Ishamael

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:33 PM

The cards both read that if you hold one card, you get one extra power point, but when you hold both, you gain three (in total.)

Now, does this mean that each card adds three points per card, OR, does this mean that you gain three points in total for having both cards?

Appears to go either way, or maybe I'm too American.

#2 phobiandarkmoon

phobiandarkmoon

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

Ishamael said:

The cards both read that if you hold one card, you get one extra power point, but when you hold both, you gain three (in total.)

Now, does this mean that each card adds three points per card, OR, does this mean that you gain three points in total for having both cards?

Appears to go either way, or maybe I'm too American.

3 points for both is certainly how I've been playing it (i.e. if you have both, you start the turn with 9  power, not 12)

#3 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

Each card by itslf is worth 1 power point.  If you have both, each card is worth 1.5 power points.  Or 3 total for the pair, not 6.

#4 Ishamael

Ishamael

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:12 AM

Thank you very much, now maybe Slaanesh will stop rickrolling our games.

#5 Dr.Cornelius

Dr.Cornelius

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:46 PM

Any chance we can get an official ruling on this one

#6 phobiandarkmoon

phobiandarkmoon

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:31 AM

... considering how unbalancing it is if they gave Slaanesh 6 extra power, I think it's a safe assumption they meant 3 total. Besides which, the wording is pretty clear

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS