map contest

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 derros87

derros87

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

in the news section theres an article with a map in it that has no paths and your supposed to put your own paths on it then send it in for a contest check it out its on the front page

#2 littlewars

littlewars

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

Unfortunately, it's hard to navigate to front page now... Tannhäuser The Fight Rages On!

A very nice map from FFG, and a contest, what's going on? Am I in the right forum ; )

#3 derros87

derros87

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

thanks for putting up the link littlewars i dont know how lol

#4 derros87

derros87

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:10 PM

oh and how do you add paths and stuff to the map i dont have the slightest idea but i was thinking of trying this out

#5 littlewars

littlewars

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

I think they will provide the final rendered map.

I can't see why you could not submit a very simple 'flowchart" type map as long as you keep in mind the cover provided. You would set it up with line of sight and terrain as important considerations.

The winner is the one one with the best path-finding.

#6 derros87

derros87

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

yea i was wondering how to enter in the contest and put the paths on and stuff like that

#7 Doc Savage

Doc Savage

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

I find it interesting that the actual FFG post does not call this a contest. If it were a contest it would have prizes.

Here are my suggestions for prizes:

1st prize - Glory, honor, and thanks from FFG and a mounted full color print out of their winning entry of the map. Also a complete set of Tannhauser expansions: Novgrod, Wolf, Yula, Ramirez, and Georgi.

2nd prize - Mounted full color print out of the winner plus the 4 Character boxes.

3rd prize - Mounted full color print out of their winner.

Without prizes, this is not a contest and the number of hours of work to do this well is... well it's a lot of work that FFG gets for free...

I will probably have a go at this. I really do like the map art.

Visit DocSavageTales.blogspot.com for cool stuff!

#8 silencethefoe

silencethefoe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

Xes, the map art ist really great! Maybe the final map will be an FFG exclusiv release as an expansion!

#9 Plageman

Plageman

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:06 AM

A new map ! And a contest is it already Christmas ?

Anyhow my "problem" with this map is about the mood... What should it represent ?

#10 Malechi

Malechi

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

Has anyone else noticed that the large version of the map is uploaded to FFG as tannhauser_outside_map.png. I am assuming that the original Outdoor Map has been thoroughly abandoned at this point.

From The Fight Rages On page:

The map that is the most balanced, fair, and fun will then have the paths put on professionally and will be available to all.

Does this mean we will have to put the Paths on ourselves?!? After the original Outdoor Map FFG put together, it is quite obvious we (I.E. the fans) are much, much more adept than FFG at putting the Tannhäuser maps together with professional looking results ... I'm just saying.

#11 The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:01 PM

Malechi said:

I'm just saying.

LOL =)

I still use my outdoor map V.1 Got it all printed out. glued it to poster board and laminated.

Not the best map in the world, more so if you are playing as the Reich, but fun if you play 4 on 4 trooper battles. =)

#12 Malechi

Malechi

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

For those with the ability to open Photoshop files I have created the "contest map" with all of the Path Circles and Tannhäuser Symbols in the correct sizes with all of the styling effects to give the map a "professional" Tannhäuser look. All you have to do is copy, paste and move them to the desired locations on the map.

The zipped file is large at 16.77Mbs and can be downloaded HERE.

Or, at http://www.mediafire...door_map_02.zip

For thase unable to open the PhotoShop file; the individual Mapping Images, saved as separate GIF File images, may be found at Black Sheep Archives.

Good luck to all.

#13 Doc Savage

Doc Savage

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:15 PM

Wow... Malechi, you rule. Not only can I use for this contest, but I can use a copy for any other map projects.

That is a great thing you have done.

#14 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

I wholeheartedly second that, Thanks Malechi for getting that zip up.  I look forward to seeing what eventually wins...hopefully we'll get to see others pathing attempts as this will be harder than it looks ;-)

#15 The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

Great job Mal =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#16 The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:51 AM

BUMP

A reminder to everyone.

I just started this morning on it.

#17 webhead817

webhead817

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for your hard work...but I'm struggling because I have photoshop elements...and apparently it doesn't feel like opening your file correctly.

#18 StormKnight

StormKnight

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:07 AM

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to post the board elements as a simple graphics file for those of us relying on GIMP or Paint?

#19 Malechi

Malechi

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

Sorry this answer is coming too late for the contest, but all of the mapping images are and have been available as individual GIF files over at Black Sheep Archives for a good long time now ... See THIS thread.

#20 Doc Savage

Doc Savage

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:02 AM

So who entered?

Not me...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS