Podcasts!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Maethalion

Maethalion

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:01 AM

Well, crap.  I take a vacation and the entire world changes.

For instance, Disciples is now on sale:  http://new.fantasyfl...ws.asp?eidn=275, so all of you not finding it can buy it direct from FFG.

Podcasts gallore!
http://new.fantasyfl...ws.asp?eidn=257
Ross teases about Rogue Trader and...  *death*
HOLY CRAP DEATH WATCH!!!  Oh SWEEET.
And the review of Disciples really makes me want to get it - MOST WANTED HERETICS.  That's a dozen campaigns right there!  Makes me wish I had 40K friends so I could PLAY the game.

And... they geek about the 80s.  Which for me, was almost before I was born.

http://new.fantasyfl...ws.asp?eidn=278
and... it's downloading. 

#2 Snidesworth

Snidesworth

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:34 AM

A second podcast? Fantastic. Thanks for the heads-up, will listen asap.

#3 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

Hopefully someone listens to the whole thing and posts the down and dirty for us. I tried but after 3 minutes I almost went and slashed my wrists. And I thought  the other podcast was annoying, at least it was direct and to the point and not 2 hours 47 minutes of rambling.

But I digress, each his own. And two for me.

#4 Snidesworth

Snidesworth

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:56 AM

The first 12 minutes is the opening. Then everything to the mid-point is Ross, his past and Dark Heresy stuff. Everything beyond that I haven't listened to. I wish I'd taken notes while going through it, but here's what I remember.

• Rogue Traders themselves are playable in Rogue Trader (shock!)
  • The Hrud Fusil will appear in Creatures Anathema, though the Hrud themselves will not. Enslavers will, though, along with another RT-era xeno.
  • Creatures Anathema will be written from the perspective of an Inquisitor who, having lost many acolytes to the various horrors of the galaxy, has gone about researching them so his next bunch of acolytes can better combat them. There'll be hand written text-boxes from the Inquisitor which could be photocopied and used as hand-outs for your game.
  • Orks and Eldar will be a major feature of Creatures Anathema. An Eldar Corsair-King will be presented as an NPC and a potential plot-hook, along with his band of thieving xenos scum. Genestealers are in there too, but this was confirmed in the other podcast.
  • Creatures will be presented not so much as a D&D, Monster Manual style stat-block with flavour text, but a proper account of what it is along with any stats.
  • Rules for Sorcery, new daemons and new psychic powers in DotDG (old news again).

I know I've missed out tonnes of stuff. For those who want to listen themselves the DH talk starts at 45 minutes in (starting with Ross on his role in the continued development of the game) and finishes up just beyond the 90 minute mark. I might cut the podcast down and upload the relevant bit for people.

#5 FFG Ross Watson

FFG Ross Watson

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for listening! Just to clear things up, the Hrud Fusil is in Disciples of the Dark Gods, not Creatures Anathema

(I'm fairly certain I said it that way in the interview, but I can certainly understand the confusion. That is a LONG interview!)

#6 Snidesworth

Snidesworth

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:29 AM

FFG Ross Watson said:

Thanks for listening! Just to clear things up, the Hrud Fusil is in Disciples of the Dark Gods, not Creatures Anathema

(I'm fairly certain I said it that way in the interview, but I can certainly understand the confusion. That is a LONG interview!)

Listening again, and you're right. I now have another reason to stay at home and wait by the front door for my copy to arrive.

I've cut down and uploaded the Dark Heresy related part of the pod-cast. The full thing is worth listening to, since it includes talk of Ross' history and the best description of cherabim I've heard to date. But for those who don't have 90 minutes to spare, here it is.

#7 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for the shortened version, I wanted to hear all about it, but honestly, teh show was just too juevenile (coming from a guy who spent the last 90 minutes gluing together space marines and dark eldar, and occassionally and accidental space eldar or dark marine, thats saying something).

Trust, Im into all that nerd talk, but in person. Listening to otehr games talk over the radio or pod jsut seems extremely lazy when I can have the same conversations with my friends.

Glad to see the Hrud finally getting tackled, anxious to see how this affects my Unearthed Apocrypha article.

#8 Salcor

Salcor

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:44 AM

I have been wondering if anyone has thought about tackling a Dark Heresy podcast similar to other game casts like Order 66 for Star Wars or Accidental Survivors for D20 Modern (or the plethera of DnD podcast.)?

Salcor

The meek shall truly inherit the Earth

because that is where they will be buried

#9 FFG Ross Watson

FFG Ross Watson

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:46 AM

I think it's a great idea. I can't do the show myself, but I could definitely join in from time to time if someone else were to get it going.

#10 Shadow Hexagram

Shadow Hexagram

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:03 AM

Salcor said:

I have been wondering if anyone has thought about tackling a Dark Heresy podcast similar to other game casts like Order 66 for Star Wars or Accidental Survivors for D20 Modern (or the plethera of DnD podcast.).

Perhaps, what could help Ross Watson would be a thread with specific questions about one specific topic at a time. Something like "make my interview", or "the fans over to me"...

It might avoid all the unnecessary stuff, like "present yourself" (looks like AA) or "what games do you play?" (honestly, I don't give a damn).

#11 Salcor

Salcor

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

To be honest I really enjoy the Order 66 podcast layout.  They generally focus the podcast around discussing classes, feats and talent, rules questions, and reviews of the latest Star Wars Saga edition releases. Accidental survivors has some other good stuff to it as well.  Unfortunately I don't know anything about podcasting, but I have some ideas that might work for a Dark Heresy dedicated fan podcast.

Salcor 

The meek shall truly inherit the Earth

because that is where they will be buried

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS