• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stubai

Stubai

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

Hi all

Is anyone retouching the minis to represent multiple planes from the one squadron? Call me a nerd but if I am taking to the air in two mk2 Spits then I want them from the same squadron.

What paints are you using? Any Tips

#2 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:23 AM

I am.

I'm using Vallejo Model Master series, but pretty much any paint will work so long as you can mix the right colors!

Vallejo has a wide range of colors and is excellent paint.

#3 Pour Le Merite

Pour Le Merite

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:28 AM

There are many good paints, both water based and thinner based. Go down to your hobby store and get a box :)

If you don't want to paint over the Wow miniatures are there several manufacturers that makes WW2 1/200 planes, like Action 200 but painting over the original plane work fine as well.

#4 afilter

afilter

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:51 AM

Another option is to make you own decals from an existing model kit is you desire to get into that level of detail.  There are a few option for decal paper.  Take the origianl declas from a model kit and reduce them down on a printer/scanner until they are 1/200.  They copy them to the decal paper and follow the instructions for that particular brand of decal paper.

#5 Pour Le Merite

Pour Le Merite

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:22 AM

afilter said:

Another option is to make you own decals from an existing model kit is you desire to get into that level of detail.  There are a few option for decal paper.  Take the origianl declas from a model kit and reduce them down on a printer/scanner until they are 1/200.  They copy them to the decal paper and follow the instructions for that particular brand of decal paper.

Hmm, you wouldn't know where to find a good decal paper?

Anyways,both Skytrex and Reviresco are selling decals also, Reveresco even have Lozenge camouflage and the austrian cammo, a must for late central powers.

#6 Pour Le Merite

Pour Le Merite

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:24 AM

Pour Le Merite said:

afilter said:

Anyways, Skytrex sells decals in both 1/200 and 1/144, WW1 and WW2.

#7 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:02 AM

Pour Le Merite said:

Anyways,both Skytrex and Reviresco are selling decals also, Reveresco even have Lozenge camouflage and the austrian cammo, a must for late central powers.

You can try here in the US...

#8 Pour Le Merite

Pour Le Merite

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:21 AM

schoon said:

You can try here in the US...

Thanks, that was what I was looking for :) 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS