Starter Reprint?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TravisS

TravisS

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

So with the death of UFS I have been trying to coral all those player's into an LCG.  It's kinda hard to give them Thrones without there being a starter available to buy.  Seems like poor planning on their parts.  I like Thrones more then Invasion due to the background material.  Anyone out there know when the starter is coming back?  Thanks

#2 Gualdo

Gualdo

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

I'm italian and the game is hardly distributed here so I buy it from US sites. CCG armory has the core set in stock

http://www.ccgarmory.com/gaofthcagaco.html

but surely there are others US shop that has it.

#3 garathkane

garathkane

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

In the "Upcoming" section of the site it lists the Core Set as "At the printer". It's been that way for awhile, it could be another month or two until it's back in stock in great quantity. 

I feel for you though, I want to get more of my friends into the game but without a core set available it's been difficult.

#4 schrecklich

schrecklich

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:14 AM

CCG Armory is not good about updating their website.  Another poster said recently that he found CCG Armory to be out of Core Sets despite what their web site says.

You can still buy it from barnesandnoble.com for the suggested retail price.  Also, you could try this ebay seller:cgi.ebay.com/A-GAME-OF-THRONES-THE-CARD-GAME-CORE-SET_W0QQitemZ300383790354QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0

#5 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:39 AM

barnes and noble....nice. Its a shame i don't need it as i get a solid disocunt for being a member.

If they send me a 10-15% of code in the next  few days i'll post it here.

#6 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:07 AM

Thsi really does need to be back in print sooner rather than later.

#7 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:33 AM

Remember how late the first printing was because of shipping/customs/etc. issues in getting it from the printer to FFG? Movement was the bottleneck that turned an anticipated August release into late-November availability. Hope that isn't happening with the second printing!

#8 Rheingold

Rheingold

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:19 AM

Noble Knight Games says they have some copies.  My friend was about to buy one to my delight but then he balked when they asked for his info up front before he could place the order and get shipping costs.  He's a programmer.  It miffed him on a development/design level. Sigh.

Still, certainly agree that the game needs to get out there more. 

#9 TravisS

TravisS

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:19 AM

Rhein - Feel bad for you there.  Seems kinda extreme behavior from someone due to a company just asking for your info. 

I spoke with an FFG rep that said we should expect to see it around the first week of February.

#10 chaosbird

chaosbird

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:28 AM

It is marked now as On the Boat to FFG. So printing is finished already. Just a few more weeks back to FFG then one or two more to the distributors.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS