(i'm actually creating a new topic, so i can manage specifically questions and requests.
last update : 12/07/10
Hi all, i've created an extension for Strange Eons (a java-based modder for Arkham Horror) so it can generate WFRP stuff too.
You can download it : here
Note : i kinda dropped using vendolis forum since it's plagued with spammers
How to install it ?
you can download Strange Eons alone here : http://www.sfu.ca/~cjenning/eons/
open Strange Eons, Toolbox/Manage plugins/Open plugin folder
copy w3e.seext in there and reload Strange Eons.
altenatively, you can double-click w3e.seext to install it into SE <<<<<THIS DOES NOT ACTUALLY WORK
Make sure that you have the latest version of Java.
- "i get error that ui-grid.selibrary is missing" >> "You can download the ui-grid.selibrary from the Strange Eons Website at http://www.sfu.ca/~cjenning/eons/plugins/index.html" (hat tip Sorga68)
- All cards : some users seem to experience errors when loading existing cards >> make sure you have the latest version of SE, try to reinstall it wil all patches (check in the thread page 5-6 for related discussion)
What can it do for the moment ?
- Career cards : The layout is similar to FFG's. You can set your own talent slots (choosing the color and the title). You can set up to 5 talent slots (3 on the right side, 2 on the bottom side.The stance meters are not restricted (you can set it to 0/4 for instance). Every single text field can be changed to fit translations in other languages.
- Mutation cards
- Disease cards : for those 2 cards (mutation & disease) see here
- Monster sheets : This card does not exist in FFG products (at the moment). These A5 cards are similar to the pages inside GM handbook of the core rules. You can set up to 4 different monsters, 3 different special abilities, 6 different actions.
- Action cards : Quite similar to FFG action cards (except the artwork). The rank of the cards may be displayed with little stars under the cose/duration (top right of the card). On Spells and Prayers, you can choose alterntive action type icons, and display the Power/Favour needed for the action.
- Talent cards : like in Career cards, talent types are completely DIY (not restricted to FFG Tactic/Focus/Reput)
- Item Cards : You can set different stats (Damage, Critical, Load, Defense/Soak, Durability) and display them as text (like in FFG cards) or with pictograms. FFG weapon groups and qualities are built-in inside SE, You can also add your own (groups or qualities). On the back, choose the texture, and the color under the portrait artwork.
- Mini-item Cards : (under construction) a crossover between the item card above, and mini-items from Arkham Horror, effectively, item the size of a talent card.
- Ability cards (for careers). Actually abilities in this version fit on my personal house rule, they are counted as Talents. (a more FFG-like artwork has been submitted, will be added soon)
- Location cards. Thanks r_b_bergstrom for the nice artwork. I thought original layout was a bit too simple so i included a way to have a track on the card itself. The basic example inside SE is a "Burning house". Of course, this track is optional, just set its length to zero if you don't want it. You can set up to 3 steps on it (set one to -1 if you don't want it)
- Location XL cards : this card is designed to work as a gridded map, Check this thread for discussion about the concept.
Issues with existing content :
- Item Card : i have an error with this card
"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property "length" from null"
This is caused by the binding of the tintPanel.The card seems to proceed correctly though.
- Vertical scrolling issues : when there are too many controls on a single editor panel, the editor wont scroll vertically. I'll adress that by changing the layout of controls, creating more panels, so that each panel wont be too long. Check monster cards for instance.
Currently working on :
- ally card
- Why don't you scan official cards ? Well we did this in the first place, but Games Workshop asked us to stop using copyrighted material (see this thread around page 7-8)
- May i ask you to include my own graphics into SE ? Sure ! we're always pleased to add new features and new fan-made design cards. Even if there is already one. If we have a 3 or 4 designs for career cards for instance, the user will switch between them.
- How can i create my own extension ? Read Chris jennings' website in the first place. You can also check the disease.js sourcefile, I heavily commented it so you can try a simple card on your own.