Photo

Which properties would you like to see in LCG?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 Frostyfrog

Frostyfrog

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:07 AM

I think a lot of people would want to see a Warhammer 40k LCG. I know I would. I even have my fantasy Core Set (Imperium, Chaos, Eldar, Ork) and expansion (Tyranids vs. Tau) in mind :). A Lord of the Rings LCG would also be highly welcome. What properties would you guys like to see?

#2 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:29 AM

Anyone remember the Guardians CCG? That would make a lovely LCG and couldn't be too hard for someone to pick up the rights to these days....

#3 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

I'm figuring they'll make a sci-fi LCG next. They've got horror and fantasy already and that's a natural one to do. The rumors are a WH40k which would be a great game. A Twilight Imperium game could be fun. 

Even sort of a mystery/cops and robbers kind of game.

#4 tech7

tech7

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

I think I wouldn't buy a 40k game. First (the small issue)  I'm not a big fan of the 40k universe, second I don't see any possibilities for a not-combat based card system and I would like to see something different, like the COC LCG. Since we already have a good combat-based system with WH:I.

I would see more possibilities in the Twilight Imperium universe, for example, for something different.

#5 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:15 AM

I'd like a sci-fi one, and I'd like it to be ship based. Something based off of the lost fleet series might be doable if they want an exisiting IP (thats not too expensive). In house they do have access to the Warhammer one, and they also have a contract for BFG so those are probables too, but i always felt that even there its wasn't so much about the ships in combat as it was about the mood/people. Lost fleet is all about ship combat (and things like time lag and coordination issues in space).

#6 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

Doctor Who... The last Doctor Who card game made makes me chuckle

#7 mylastnerv

mylastnerv

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

Twilight Imperium seems like a logical choice. Would be awesome to see more of the universe expanded.

#8 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

Graet prpoerties to make into LCG?

Doctor Who would be pretty cool and should be wacky good fun.

If 40K LCG could be properly supported, it would be a pretty good IP to take advantage of, though it still bears the stigma of Sabertooth failed attempt...

Personally, the one that FFG could do the most justice to would be Dune. The last attempt at making a Dune CCG wasnt a huge success as the game was a trifle bit lame, but great ideas with intrigue.

Dune really needs to be revisted again especially since there is an abundance of new material to work from wich could keep the LCG going for quite some time with profits if it turned out to be popular enough.

Dune, just like Lovecrafts stories, has a pretty huge following. If FFG makes it, they will come.

#9 Frank6

Frank6

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

Horus Heresy.

... or Space Fleet Gothic.

#10 Whizzwang

Whizzwang

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:32 PM

Battlestar Galactica has the potential to be an awesome LCG if it kept the Silon rules from the board game somehow. A co-operative LCG as opposed to a straight up 1v1. Kinda like V:TES

Marvel/DC since UDE canned Vs

Indy Comic characters

#11 Masi

Masi

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:12 AM

Battlestar Galactica and Dune... that would be really great!

#12 Stalkingwolf

Stalkingwolf

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:44 AM

Frostyfrog said:

A Lord of the Rings LCG would also be highly welcome.

Although I am currently in the process of buying up as much of the old tcg format  as I can, I would love to see FFG do a LOTR lcg one.

#13 DieStar

DieStar

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:38 AM

I, for one, would like to see and original IP for the new LCG.

Don't get me wrong, LotR and WH40K are awesome, but FFG has the option to create a new world and franchise (preferably sci-fi).

#14 tech7

tech7

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:40 AM

Masi said:

Battlestar Galactica and Dune... that would be really great!

Dune would be great, but the chance are around 0,0 %. FFG didn't got the licenses for the DUNE-background to use it for their  coming DUNE Reprint, why should they get it for a LCG ?

#15 Katagena

Katagena

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:03 AM

Don't make an other "medieval-fantasy-heroic" LCG.

Warhammer and AGOT is awesome, and I think that is not a good idea to add an other "fantasy" game. LOTR by decipher stay in heart's player like a famous game, but a big deception. Don't !!!! :'(

But, a SF game, yeees!

I don't like very well SF, but you must "mr Edge" have a SF LCG

Wizard has Star Wars but don't use. Decipher has Star Trek (good joke :D)... W40K LCG or Twilight Imperium are certainly good background to make a perfect FFG LCG SF GAME ;)

Lord Commander of The French Night's Watch

#16 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:10 AM

Twilight Imperium could be interesting, I don't know much about it or its setting though. But something new and sci fi would be good. 40K has the potential to be good but the original CCG by Sabretooth sucked so it would have to be something new to be good.

My vote is for Twilight Imperium.

#17 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

tech7 said:

Dune would be great, but the chance are around 0,0 %. FFG didn't got the licenses for the DUNE-background to use it for their  coming DUNE Reprint, why should they get it for a LCG ?

Because the license for a Card game is likely cheap since it has not been used in a decade.

Heres another reason why they should do as much with Dune IP as possible. Free advertising.

Wheres the free advertising you may ask? Simple. New movie.

hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/01/04/dune-remake/

FFG really should get the old avalon hill rights to that boardgame from days gone by as well, but thats a topic for a different thread.

#18 Charitsune

Charitsune

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:03 PM

DieStar said:

I, for one, would like to see and original IP for the new LCG.

Don't get me wrong, LotR and WH40K are awesome, but FFG has the option to create a new world and franchise (preferably sci-fi).

There's nothing quite fresh like playing a Original IP cardgame especially in a genre like LCGs. The Shadowar series from UFS was pretty cool and I'd like that to comeback as a LCG since it's already FFG's IP. Why make something so unique and let it go to waste?

#19 Slipstream

Slipstream

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

I joked about it earlier on the LCG announcement that popped up about the chapter packs, but I'm serious now: a Lord of the Rings/Middle-earth inspired LCG or a Starcraft one. However I wonder if Upper Deck is already sitting on that, waiting to bring that one out since they currently have WoW. However Starcraft is not nearly big enough imo for a TCG. LCG on the other hand could work. Not much of a 40K fan, but I would be willing to give it a shot if they released it. I do like the art style for Rogue Trader. 

#20 Katagena

Katagena

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:58 AM

Decipher had make by the past a SF CCG: WARS

A invented background; berk

I prefer a background who exist already

Lord Commander of The French Night's Watch

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS