RPG Board Game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:15 AM

I apologize for posting this here, but there doesn't seem on the new forums to be a place to suggest new game titles.  I just want to register an interest--a very strong interest, in fact--in a Dark Heresy board game, perhaps ala Arkham Horror, perhaps even similar to the new Android, perhaps totally original in its own right.   Not to take away from the RPG experience, but no one in my gaming group has any interests at all in role playing, more's the pity, but are exclusively board gamers or they prefer light social gaming like--it hurts me to say it--Pictionary.  I'd love to get into the Dark Hersy universe but don't see a chance unless a board game shows up.

Anyone else share a similar interest?

#2 Wu Ming

Wu Ming

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:05 AM

Legally FFG cannot make any Board Games wset in eithier of teh Warhammer universe, that use Minatures. However that said there are many Warhammer 40,000 Board games such as Space Hulk, Space Crusade, & Ultramarines. There is also this thread that might interest you:

Dark Heresy Board Game

#3 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:12 AM

Wu Ming, thanks for that link. That's pretty much what I was looking for (though I think I had an AH format in mind more than a Descent one).  Yes, over the years, I've owned and played every boardgame that GW put out.  I still regret having sold Space Hulk some years ago...

#4 Wu Ming

Wu Ming

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:15 PM

I've never played Descent although it seems VERY popular. I do however see how Arkham Horror would lend itself well to a DH kind of game. I personally was thinking more along the lines of Tanhäuser.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS