Next Episode or Sequel

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:56 AM

Having enjoyed the first movie quite a lot--and having been more than impressed with its storyline and production values ("Omigosh, it's a REAL movie!  From a Game Company!")--I'm waiting for the sequel or the next episode.  The movie ended with so many unanswered questions and open plot lines; while not quite a cliffhanger, it still left me wanting more and feeling let down that so much was left unresolved.

So, when's the next installment coming?

#2 patches13

patches13

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:20 PM

This movie was such a breath of fresh air into the movie industry that I found this website and registered to it just to reply to this thread...

So when can we expect a 2nd movie out?  Or is this going to be a pilot for a TV series and if so does anyone know when that is coming out?  Amazing movie!

#3 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

I had no idea about this movie. When was it released.

#4 Liam Kelly

Liam Kelly

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

In truth it was designed as a pilot for a potential TV series. I guess as nobody initially signed it up for a series they went down the DVD/digital download route. The depth of the setting would well suite a series. This will entirely depend on how well the film has done/is doing. I hope there will be more but bearing in mind how ruthless TV is (cancellation of shows like Firefly for example), it is bean counters who make decisions like that

#5 Liam Kelly

Liam Kelly

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:47 PM

LeBlanc13 said:

I had no idea about this movie. When was it released.

It was released last year, I think filming was done during the previous couple of years

#6 Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

I for one would love to see more of these!  One of the best if not the best fantasy movie in YEARS!

#7 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

I'd really like to see more.  Or even a reprint of the Runebound expansion from this.

#8 Victes Dunmyre

Victes Dunmyre

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

I would love to see a sequel i think the special effects were better than the first D&D movie and the acting was more down to earth and realistic in my book.

#9 Rejected

Rejected

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

I have watched a lot of game/comic/etc to film movies, but this one actually surprised me. I really enjoyed it and will be buying it soon. Guys, you have to make a sequel to this to wrap up the open ending. Pitch this to syfy or something…I enjoyed this too much to never get an ending to it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS