• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lentheman

lentheman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

Hello all,

I could not find this anywhere else on the forum, and so I apologise if I have accidentially double posted.

Has anyone noticed that the scale of the Frostmarch miniaturs is noticably small than the previous miniature releases?

If the miniatures from the main box were 25mm, these feel more like 20mm.

I wonder if this is intentional?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:42 AM

Just as the power-level of the characters increase, so do their miniatures get smaller. Yeah, the Necromancer is shorter than the base game Dwarf for pete's sake.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:16 AM

I think it's not really a case of the newer minis being smaller, more that the ones in the original game were a tad oversized.

A lot of them, like the Dwarf and Priest for instance, are a bit too chunky for my liking and I think the newer ones are actually more like 28mm minis produced by mainstream companies.

Each to their own though...

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#4 lentheman

lentheman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:47 AM

Certainly not a criticism, in fact i have been pleasently suprised by the high quality of the miniatures so far!!

I am amazed, however, that a games workshop licenced product is such good value!!

Would expect some base characters, then additional miniatures released seperately for a premium!!

Keep it up FF!!

#5 erinshore

erinshore

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

The only thing I though about these minis was that they werent all really suited to the expansion. As many have said how often fo you see a Leprechaun running through the icy wastes? I live in Ireland and I dare say they would be hard pressed in the weather we have here at the moment. Wouldn't minis more akin to those in Descent's ice expansion have been a better choice? As regards the scale. At least the quality is still of a high standard.

#6 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:58 PM

erinshore said:

The only thing I though about these minis was that they werent all really suited to the expansion. As many have said how often fo you see a Leprechaun running through the icy wastes?

I agree.

This was a good expansion for adding a Barbarian or Valkyrie.

#7 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:25 PM

Velhart said:

Hey Velhart, let's keep the barbarian for the Dragon King expansion and the Valkyrie for the Montain/Wilderness expansion if you don't mind.

I hope that we soon see some teaser from FFG for the next big expansion of Talisman.

Cheers

#8 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:15 AM

Old Master said:

Velhart said:

Hey Velhart, let's keep the barbarian for the Dragon King expansion and the Valkyrie for the Montain/Wilderness expansion if you don't mind.

I hope that we soon see some teaser from FFG for the next big expansion of Talisman.

Cheers

Hi Old Master,

sounds good for me

I only hope that they give the Valkyrie some nice abilities. ( for spells and battle or psychic combat)

But they may also add the Barbarian in other expansions.

We have also the Dragon Rider, Dragon Slayer and the Dragon priest, for a dragon or tower expansion

I would love to see a Dragon Rider Miniature ! 

New idea: If you roll a 6, then you can fly to another space in your region( or maybe he can cross rivers too?...

I think that we must wait until march for getting the first new information about the next expansion..

Let's fight some battles now...

I am glad that you are still around

Cheers

#9 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

Velhart said:

Hi Old Master,

sounds good for me

I only hope that they give the Valkyrie some nice abilities. ( for spells and battle or psychic combat)

But they may also add the Barbarian in other expansions.

We have also the Dragon Rider, Dragon Slayer and the Dragon priest, for a dragon or tower expansion

I would love to see a Dragon Rider Miniature ! 

New idea: If you roll a 6, then you can fly to another space in your region( or maybe he can cross rivers too?...

I think that we must wait until march for getting the first new information about the next expansion..

Let's fight some battles now...

I am glad that you are still around

Cheers

Hi Velhart,

For Valkyrie I would see something like being teleport and looting the corps of dead opponents before helping them reach Valhalla (which would make her miss a turn).

As for Dragon Rider, how about he roll 2 dice, the first roll is the normal mouvement roll but he doesn't move yet and roll a second dice, if both dice are of different value then nothing happen and he move as normal but if he get the same roll twice then he can fly down (teleport) on the closest opponent with a +2 on his dice roll.

March is way to far for us to wait, I hope FFG will put some teaser to wet our appetite and start speculation on this forum ASAP.

Yes I am still around, I've been enjoying Talisman since the 1st edition decades ago and I'm sad to say that the only expansion I haven't experienced is the 2nd edition Dragon of all the Talisman incarnation, and I'm also sad that my 1st and 2nd edition ended up in such a bad shape over the years due to abused gaming and beer spilled which is my motivation to protect this edition with sleeve. No unless something drastic happen, I am here for a long time to come, I know it can look like I'm not there because It can be days or week before I put in my 2 cent on this forum but I check regularly and a lots of time others are faster to answer before I do.

Anyway, merry christmas and happy holliday to you and all the Talisman community.

Cheers and game on

#10 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

Old Master said:

Hi Velhart,

For Valkyrie I would see something like being teleport and looting the corps of dead opponents before helping them reach Valhalla (which would make her miss a turn).

Ah, you mean that she can steal a enemy trophy from a other character by teleporting to that character etc?

That would be really nasty and fun to me !

How about rolling a 6 for teleporting etc ( this makes it less powerful, otherwise she can steal almost all the enemies from opponents

Old Master said:

As for Dragon Rider, how about he roll 2 dice, the first roll is the normal mouvement roll but he doesn't move yet and roll a second dice, if both dice are of different value then nothing happen and he move as normal but if he get the same roll twice then he can fly down (teleport) on the closest opponent with a +2 on his dice roll.

I like your idea, but i think it will decrease the chance to use that ability.

Maybe we can use the same idea by roling a 6, and then you can teleport if you want, by flying down on a enemy in your region and getting a +2 etc.

-

A interesting thing to note is, that the Dragon Rider from third edition cannot fly.

He can enslave a dragon, and take them as a follower to get a +3 in battle and he may roll 2 dices for movement, and use the highest roll for his move.

( but maybe that FFG can also make a flying Dragon Rider) There is one in the dragon expansion as a enemy !

-

The Flying down idea for a Dragon Rider can be added for a Flying Dragon Rider, and that would be awesome.

The player cannot use horses with the normal Dragon Rider or the Flying Dragon Rider of course, ( and mules is another debate..

-

I wish you a merry christmas too !

#11 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:55 AM

Old Master said:

March is way to far for us to wait, I hope FFG will put some teaser to wet our appetite and start speculation on this forum ASAP.

I hope that too !

Then we have something to look out for, and then we can discuss about it in the meantime

#12 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

New idea:

Valkyrie:

strength 2  / Craft 4 / Allignment : good / Start / fate 2 ? ( Graveyard?not sure yet

-Begins with 2 spells

-Because of her intelligence, she may  choose to roll again in battle and psychic combat.

-  Storms will not effect you

- If you land on a other character, you may try to steal a enemy trophy. roll 1 die: 1-3 you miss, and your turn ends. 4-6: you succeed in stealing and you can keep it for yourself.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS