• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rashktah

rashktah

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

Hi!

I have an idea for a imagined expansion of CitOW: the addition of the beasts of Chaos.

By now, every God has his Greater Daemon and a warrior-type Daemon in the game.

My idea now would be to add the respective chaos beasts (ie Khorne: Bloodhounds, Nurgle: Slimebeasts, Tzeentch: Discs, Slaanesh: Seekers) to the game.

They could be simple 1 power units with Attack/Defense 1/1 (maybe 2/1 for Khorne, but with an increased cost), but with the power to move about the board.

Other units can only be summoned to and about the board, but the chaos beasts could have the option to move one map section as an player action.

Other small rules could be imagined to balance the beasts and the warriors of a given god.

Thus, the owning player (and the game in overall) would gain the possibility to react better to enemies without having to summon and re-summon his cultists, warriors and Greater Daemon.

Any suggestions? :)

#2 Whitmire

Whitmire

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

Would the addition of four new models be enough for an expansion?

Giving each chaos power 1/1 chaos beasts that can walk around and cost only 1 power to summon would devastate the finely-tuned balance of the game. Did you notice that you also gave Khorne the weakest chaos beasts? 2/1 for 2 power points when others get two 1/1 beasts for the same power points.

My opinion? I think you should consider this a bit further. This sounds like a "wouldn't it be cool?" idea instead of a carefully considered addition to the game.

#3 Whitmire

Whitmire

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:30 PM

Hmm, editable posts FTW.

Continuing on the topic, who on earth would summon the old warriors if you can get better figures that can also move around as a player action (excellent for stalling the game, which is a killer strategy) for half the price of a regular warrior that is less effective, immobile and can't be used for stalling? "Simple" 1 power 1/1 beasts that can move around would be much better than all of the warrior units you can summon at the moment!

I don't think you've considered the impact this addition would have on the game at all. :)

#4 rashktah

rashktah

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

Whitmire said:

I don't think you've considered the impact this addition would have on the game at all. :)
I think that the addition of chaos beasts in any form would be one of the only things one could imagine to be in a possibly upcomming expansion (if we don't count new chaos cards etc) and that, yes, the rules are in need of fine-tuning.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS