Warhammer: Invasion OCTGN

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dahras

Dahras

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:19 AM

Hey guys, I just bought the game and have played it a few time with friends (yes I'm still a noob), but I already really love it. Having played a few TCG's before (mostly WoW TCG) I fell in love with playing card games with people online over the OCTGN program and I was wondering if people in this community used it, and if so would want to play a game or two with me. Its a great way to cross-pollinate communities with new deck ideas and it allows people to play many more games than they could normally put in. FYI there is a great OCTGN 2 plug-in for W:I already which is current up to the Skavenblight battlepack.

#2 ventura72

ventura72

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

I'm new to Warhammer in general, what is OCTGN?

#3 Dahras

Dahras

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

Its a free program which allows you to play TCG's over the internet. The old version was kind of difficult to use (it was built for MtG so other games were hard to play on it) but OCTGN 2 is really intuitive. You just download the client and the W:I plugin w/ card data (I'll link them at the bottom), create your deck on the files, and get the port code your opponent is using and play.

OCTGN DL: http://www.octgn.net/downloads.php

W:I Plug-in Site (in English and Spanish... for some reason): http://eloooooooi.net84.net/

#4 shiba_nivengo

shiba_nivengo

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

Dahras said:

W:I Plug-in Site (in English and Spanish... for some reason): http://eloooooooi.net84.net/

Perhaps because the guy who did the plug-in speaks spanish

#5 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:47 AM

I'm up for a game on that thing! Downloaded and ready? Now what? friend each other chat amongst each other and go?

#6 ventura72

ventura72

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:13 AM

I'll have time to check this out on the weekend.  Playing W:I online would be very cool.

#7 Dahras

Dahras

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

vermillian said:

I'm up for a game on that thing! Downloaded and ready? Now what? friend each other chat amongst each other and go?

Well you have to give out an IP... which sucks.... apparently the server host feature go them into legal troubles so they can't do that anymore... The good news is that I'm willing to host if people will PM me on the forums to set up times and stuff like that. I don't have any important info on this computer anyways. Also, we could set up a IRC  channel if needs be. I guess if you guys wanted to host that could work as well.

#8 Dahras

Dahras

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

Strike that... there is no PM system... well that sucks.... There is an OCTGN IRC so if you give a time, I'll go on it and we can exchange game info...

Hell just email me if you want.. include W:I OCTGN in the subject... My email is on my profile

#9 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:20 AM

Anyone up for a facebook page devoted to it?

#10 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:35 AM

Sadly it does not work with wine.

#11 Dahras

Dahras

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:50 AM

vermillian said:

Anyone up for a facebook page devoted to it?

Sure... I'll make one if there is interest... make sure to email me if you want a game vermillion, or really anyone. I have time saturday and I can't wait to play more.

#12 Doc Evil

Doc Evil

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

I am also looking for opponents, who want to play Warhammer Invasion via OCTGN.

BTW your E-Mail is not in you profile.

#13 BBSB12

BBSB12

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:19 AM

I'm also interested in playing WHI on OCTGN.

#14 Doc Evil

Doc Evil

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have set up a community at deckbox for people, who want to play warhammer invasion online via OCTGN

deckbox.org/communities/whi_online_via_octgn

Please join, if you are interested.

#15 Djibi

Djibi

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hello, does somebody know where I could find the complete capital cycle?

#16 nburg

nburg

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

I think I got mine from Coolstuffinc.com a few months ago.

#17 Flores91

Flores91

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'd be up for some play online! Facebook pages are good ways to organize things like this.

#18 Djibi

Djibi

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

nburg said:

I think I got mine from Coolstuffinc.com a few months ago.

Thank you but I was speaking about OCTGN. 

Somebody knows where I could find the last battle pack?

#19 wapcaplets

wapcaplets

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

I just discovered OCTGN and would love to play some Warhammer Invasion over it. Please PM me if you're interested. I'm in the eastern time zone. Thanks!

#20 Junglecat

Junglecat

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I finally had a chance to find a willing tutor to walk me through a couple of games of Invasion on OCTGN. To this patient European gentleman, my thanks.

I'm still really shaky and still might not be able to play with some help from people who're more familiar with this kind of computery stuff, but I'll get there. It sure would be a heck of a lot easier with skype, though I haven't found anyone who is agreeable to that yet.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying this again when I can find some more free time.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS