Play Mats

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WJHupp

WJHupp

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

I like the Wings of War Game Mats, but like others, didn't care for how big the logos were at each end. I used fabric and sharpie marker coloring to camouflage them. Here is how it turned out. It took less than 30 minutes.

Bill

tinyurl.com/ydo283v

#2 bsmith13

bsmith13

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:33 AM

Looks pretty good!

#3 Pour Le Merite

Pour Le Merite

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:46 PM

Well, in retrospective should they just have included a sticker with the large Wow text on, maybe something worth considering for the next game mat? Then you can choose yourself to add text or not.

Since I am a tabletop maniac I prefer to use a map and add trees and stuff later (we have markers you put down when someone needs to fly over a tree or anything else), it looks cool but is a lot more work and money.

Nice job anyways. 

#4 Jashobeam

Jashobeam

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

Great job on the camo

To be honest, I never notice the logo on my maps when playing, and not one of the 20+ individuals who have played on them with me have ever commented about it.

#5 afilter

afilter

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:44 AM

Vey nice, I just received them for x-mas....the logos have not been an issue for me yet, but like many I would have prefered them to be a bit less.

#6 LeBlanc13

LeBlanc13

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

Not bad! Not bad at all.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS