Models for The Emperor and Horus?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Noisy_Marine

Noisy_Marine

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:53 PM

It looks like there will be standees for them, but I hope hope hope for 3d models.

#2 RoBro

RoBro

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

The bases look weird for the models, but they will be 3d models and more than 100 of them!

#3 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:55 PM

Maybe they will be available at a later date as a separate luxury purchase (a la Arkham Horror custom dice or more appropriately the now cancelled AH figures)?

#4 Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:18 AM

Noisy_Marine said:

It looks like there will be standees for them, but I hope hope hope for 3d models.

Loyal Citizens of the Imperium will already have several Icons of His Holiness in a tastefully decorated devotional alcove in their hab.  It seems odd you would need one of those, or want one of The Great Traitor. 

Inquisitors have been summoned.  Remain where you are.

TK

"...I was born game, and I intend to go out that way." -- Rooster Cogburn

#5 Svartnatt

Svartnatt

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:19 AM

I hope both the Emperor and Horus are included as actual figures as well. While the cardboard stands showcase awesome art, I think figures would fit in with the rest of the game much better. Make them oversized as well, to represent their importance!

#6 Marcin Przybyłek

Marcin Przybyłek

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

I don't think there will be figures of Horus and the Emperor. Well, maybe I am wrong, but I cannot imagine figures so fine as the art on the cards... Gray plastic Emperor? THE Emperor? Red plastic Horus? THE Horus? Let them remain painted ;).

#7 Fizzywig

Fizzywig

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

I dont think that any drue 40k fanatic will let any of the little plastic mini's in this game remain unpainted. I know i sure as hell will be painting all of those little tokens for "advanced gameplay" or as we call it in the real world, "obsessive compulsive disorder"

#8 Marcin Przybyłek

Marcin Przybyłek

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

120 pieces? Oh, man. I finished my Space Hulk marines with quite pain and can't finish genestealers (my wife seeing me reaching for the brush wrinkles horribly and growls ;)).

#9 wildger

wildger

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:00 AM

Who knows?  May be there is a collector's edition if this game sells well.

#10 Varnias Tybalt

Varnias Tybalt

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:33 AM

Tim Kelly said:

or want one of The Great Traitor. 

Well, you might want an idol of the arch traitor planted in a strategic location inside the latrines, just to show your loathing against him everytime nature calls.

#11 Rakshasa

Rakshasa

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

Varnias Tybalt said:

Tim Kelly said:

Well, you might want an idol of the arch traitor planted in a strategic location inside the latrines, just to show your loathing against him everytime nature calls.

People might suspect you of devotion to the Ruinous Poo-ers.

I'm very sorry.

#12 Anonymus

Anonymus

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:33 AM

Rakshasa said:

Varnias Tybalt said:

Tim Kelly said:

People might suspect you of devotion to the Ruinous Poo-ers.

I'm very sorry.

It would probably please Nurgle.

#13 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:30 AM

Probably would.

I agree with OP that an actual model of the two would be nice to have.

#14 Gwanum

Gwanum

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:41 PM

The artwork on the stands looks really cool but I might make some conversions from my old 40K pieces.

#15 KONRAD

KONRAD

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

i agree,some plastic minis are called for here. it just wouldnt be 40K,with cardboard cut outs.

#16 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:24 AM

Be interesting to see how and if they have expansions for this. Was hoping the game would start earlier in the heresy and then expand.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS