Most Impressive

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:49 AM

The board, figs, and art look great. I'm becoming a big WH fan thanks to FFG. I'll probably get one of the Horus Heresy novels for background. Congrats, FFG, I never came close to guessing either big box game and I am completely surprised and impressed by both.

Also, you FFG guys are really digging the card based combat right now, aren't you?

#2 arpst0rm

arpst0rm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

yeah really looking forward to this one!!

#3 rickert

rickert

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:02 PM

Will FFG make any news games in the future that cost less than $99.95?

#4 cadamec

cadamec

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

rickert said:

i don't think 'news games' are really FFG's thing... Sounds more like something the eurogame companies would put out....

#5 Jackwraith

Jackwraith

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:31 PM

Wow. Looks quite impressive. The rules sound very much like the old GW version of the same name (in the same series with Battle for Armageddon and Doom of the Eldar; all of which I own, 40K geek that I am.)

#6 Stinger

Stinger

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

I owned the original back in the day, and while dripping with theme and a great story, the rules weren't very good (IIRC) and while the art was great, the components were kinda cheap. This FFG version, man, I'd buy it just for the box art. It's just IMHO but the production values for this new version look totally off the chart. Really looking forward to this game!

#7 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:51 PM

Jackwraith said:

Wow. Looks quite impressive. The rules sound very much like the old GW version of the same name (in the same series with Battle for Armageddon and Doom of the Eldar; all of which I own, 40K geek that I am.)

I'm less of a geek then, I don't have DotE, though wouldn't mind getting my hands on it.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#8 fatolaf

fatolaf

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:43 PM

I loved the original but this looks so much better..

How much do you think this will be in the UK?

#9 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:49 AM

Can you pawn the Crown Jewels...?

#10 Zadok13

Zadok13

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:03 AM

I am extremely excited about it, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be long and clunky. 

#11 rickert

rickert

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

cadamec said:

rickert said:

Will FFG make any new games in the future that cost less than $99.95?

i don't think 'news games' are really FFG's thing... Sounds more like something the eurogame companies would put out....

It doesn't sound like FFG is going to make any NEW games for anybody except the rich judging by the two most recent announcements.

#12 Wilfred Owen

Wilfred Owen

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

I will definitely purchase this game.  I cannot wait.

#13 Roberious

Roberious

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

The orignal game was actually quite awesome and it was my favorite in game play out of the three although Doom of the Eldar was more interesting with it's space combat and Eldar Craftworld. Battle for Armageddon was also quite good with the orks sweeping in and trying to anihilate the Imperial Gaurd and allies. I certainly do hope the other two titles from this Wargames series from Jervis Johnson also get a remake, the components for HH look fantastic and will be a joy to bring to the table.

#14 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

Since FFG announced these would be the last epic size board games I think we need not fear.

#15 rickert

rickert

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

Stefan said:

Since FFG announced these would be the last epic size board games I think we need not fear.

The last ones ever?? I must have missed that announcement. That seems extreme in the other direction. But I do thinkj it was a bad decision to have two of these three mystery games be big ticket items and to reveal both of those first ahead of the hopefully more reasonably priced one.

#16 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:10 AM

Donnu. I think that doesn't really matter, since I can't think of anyone saying "Oh my god they first announce the big games I'll never again buy FFG games".

But if I remember correctly they said they wouldn't produce any more epic sized board games.

#17 Steel Rabbit

Steel Rabbit

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

$100 is a lot of money, but I don't think it's unreasonable. Agricola is $80 CDN, and video games and movies are ridiculously priced for thin circles of plastic.

#18 grey_tinman

grey_tinman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:17 AM

What's this about FFG not producing anymore Epic-sized games? Can anyone provide a quote and/or a link for this?

#19 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

Sorry, don't have one handy. Though they mentioned something in those specials about GenCon, when they announced that they'll announce three more games this winter.

#20 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:09 AM

rickert said:

That's the sticker price for epic box games, as a rule (since it went up recently).  The two games announced so far are both epic, thus the price.  The third box on the main page is a smaller box, so it should also be cheaper (~$50-60 I think).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS