One more review: from an '86 era WFRP GM

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HedgeWizard

HedgeWizard

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:43 PM

I wrote a fairly extensive review over at Geekdo.com (AKA Boardgamegeek.com).  It's quite long, so I am not copying it here, but I offer up my thoughts as someone who was skeptical but open-minded to the new edition. 

I have come away from my handful of play sessions with a very positive view on this new edition, and I try to outline the reasons why. If you're interested, you can check it out here. If you're already made up your mind that this version sucks but you haven't played it yet, I can't offer you more than what I think was an objective look at the new system. 

#2 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:05 PM

Well done on the review!

#3 Ravenheart87

Ravenheart87

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

Read it yesterday, it's a very nice review. So far the best, IMO.

#4 Foxxy

Foxxy

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:11 AM

seconded very well considered review - thanks.

#5 HedgeWizard

HedgeWizard

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:33 AM

Glad to hear some folks have found some value in it. Cheers for the feedback!

#6 LordBael

LordBael

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:58 AM

Nice, detailed review.  I appreciate the time you put into this and your feedback helped solidify my purchase as well.  As a fan of 1st and 2nd edition, I am more than happy to push into this new realm of RPG pen and paper gaming with a new approach!

#7 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

Great review.. I have been struggling with some of the 'bad' trying to convert my 2e campaign. Nice to know I am not the only one coming up with some 'thorough' notes as well.

#8 zarkzervo

zarkzervo

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:13 AM

Great review!  As you have much more experience than me, but come from the same background, I see your pros and cons and recognize them as issues I want answered.

Let's see if I can't come up with some money to buy this thing :) 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS