Photo

When exactly do domain counters trigger?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

That's my question :) It occured to me especially because of the fighter ambush. Technically speaking, the fighters go off when the troops are already landed, so it shouldn't affect them if their transporting vehicle gets shot.

#2 Tawnos76

Tawnos76

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

The landing Ground Troops are not considered to be on the planet until the DS is completely resolved. 

The DS goes off once you announce the invasion and show what the invasion will consist of.  The DS is then flipped over and resolved.  If you overcome the negative DS then your troops complete landing and you take the planet.

#3 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

Stefan said:

That's my question :) It occured to me especially because of the fighter ambush. Technically speaking, the fighters go off when the troops are already landed, so it shouldn't affect them if their transporting vehicle gets shot.

DS counters are technically part of Invasion of a planet, yes.  That's why for "Fighter Ambush", the rules for the Domain Counter specifically tell you how to resolve it and what happens if you lose the out-of-sequence space battle,

#4 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:55 PM

In this case, it is a moot point because the rules specifically say that if the fighters win, the Ground Forces are discarded and the planet remains neutral.

EDIT: But that is what sigmazero13 just said. I guess that is what I get for skimming.

#5 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:44 AM

Okay, thanks alot, guys!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS