Midnight 2nd edition core book, $200?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 biomage

biomage

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:49 AM

Why are Midnight core rulebooks selling for $200 on Amazon? A few months ago, I bought three for $8 each. I just don't see the demand for the book being that great. Anyone have any idea? 

#2 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:04 AM

No, other than since it's out of print would be speculators are just hoping someone will pay that much.

#3 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:22 AM

Probably just wishful thinking.

I bought a whole lot of most of the books for $100 that got me almost all of the books a few years back.

#4 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

I chalk it off to wishful thinking on the part of Amazon sellers.

Many many Out of Print books go for a mint on there simply because they are out of print, not because of rarity of overwhelming demand.

Never trust such prices on ebay or even used book stores who use amazon to help price their out of print books (such as half price book stores, etc) because it is an artificial inflation based solely on wishful thinking.

But then again, P.T. Barnum did say that there was a sucker born every minute...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS