• 149 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:45 AM

How long does this game last?

#2 Zion

Zion

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:02 AM

As there is no text to read (and unless you take it REALLY serious), finish a game is a matter of half an hour.

#3 morpheus

morpheus

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:49 AM

It is strategic abstract game which last up to one hour. Problem can occour when you have players that do not plan ahead and tend to over-think (as is with lots of strategic games).

Since it is abstract (with easy rules) it is very playable with nongamers (but that is another subject :) )

#4 godfeather

godfeather

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:56 AM

morpheus said:

It is strategic abstract game which last up to one hour. Problem can occour when you have players that do not plan ahead and tend to over-think (as is with lots of strategic games).

Since it is abstract (with easy rules) it is very playable with nongamers (but that is another subject :) )

For my game group is has never taken more than 40 minutes to finish and in that group we have some heavy thinkers. It's quick and relatively light and the decissions are generally easy.

#5 Wild-Duck

Wild-Duck

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

I only have the Traveller's Edition which is only 2-player style and we are usually done in 15-20 minutes as long as there are no interuptions.

Rebel: 8 Xwings, 4 Ywings, 8 Awings, 3 Ewings, 5 Bwings, 2 HWK290s, 6 Z-95s, 3 YT-1300s, 2 YT-2400s, 2 Tantives, 1 Transport

Imps: 9 Ties, 8 Squints, 4 T-A's, 4 T-B's, 4 T-P's, 3 T-D's, 2 Slave 1's, 2 Shuttles, 2 Decimators

#6 webhead817

webhead817

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:39 AM

I don't think we've ever had a 4 player game go to an hour, even with a couple of brand new players.  I'd say 30 - 45 minutes would be our average.

#7 dienekes00

dienekes00

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:34 AM

That's about right for us, too.  With a group that's really old hat at it it can take even less than that.

#8 Sartredes

Sartredes

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

Sweet. I've been eyeballing this game for some time. I've got some family that are not into a lot of the themed games out there, so I've been looking at for some good abstracts that take less than an hour. This seems to fit the bill...

#9 CthIngo

CthIngo

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

It's a pretty quick game. Kinda depends on # of players, but even with max players it plays fast. Downtime between your turns is not an issue too. Very good family game!

#10 MGBM

MGBM

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

I've always found this game to play at a fast pace. It is a great game that finishes up fast yet it's quite a deep abstract game, with tons of strategies.

So nope, time has never been an issue for me with this game, even with slow players.

#11 Xlyce

Xlyce

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:24 AM

I tend to find that 2 player games are about 20 minutes and about 5-10 minutes per player after that.

One a side note, I taught the travel edition to a 6 year old and her father a couple of weeks ago and it took them 30 minutes. He came back the next day with his other daughter and they played three player.

John

#12 KONRAD

KONRAD

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:16 PM

played this with Knizia @ Knizia-con 09,with 4 players,and it took bout 1/2 hour

#13 LardHead

LardHead

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

My experience has been under an hour, even with multiple people who tend to suffer from "analysis paralysis" in the game, or with people who are not at all experienced with abstract strategies.  Normally games run 20-45 minutes in my experience.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS