Jump to content



Photo

Thirty Three?


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brine

Brine

    Member

  • Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:56 AM

Question about the Cylon Attack Crisis Card Thirty Three. It says it stays in play, but I couldn't really find anything in the rule book on how to deal it. While in play, do you resolve the entire card again on each players turn?

And does it happen before or after the current Crisis Card, or at the same time?



#2 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

    Member

  • Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:46 AM

 No, you don't replay out the card every turn. The only thing it does by staying in play is the special rule of: "keep this card in play until a civilian ship or basestar is destroyed. If this card is in play when the fleet jumps, shuffle it back into the crisis deck."

So the whole card plays out, then it stays in play for the special rule, which really only means that this crisis card could pop up again in the crisis deck (unless a basestar or civ ship blows up first).

This is how we interpreted it anyway.



#3 Mike

Mike

    Member

  • Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:51 AM

Brine said:

Question about the Cylon Attack Crisis Card Thirty Three. It says it stays in play, but I couldn't really find anything in the rule book on how to deal it. While in play, do you resolve the entire card again on each players turn?

And does it happen before or after the current Crisis Card, or at the same time?

You resolve it only once. Any ongoing effects stay - as I don't know the card offhand, I don't know if there are any in this specific card.



#4 Brine

Brine

    Member

  • Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:27 AM

Mattr0polis said:

So the whole card plays out, then it stays in play for the special rule, which really only means that this crisis card could pop up again in the crisis deck (unless a basestar or civ ship blows up first).

Ahh, I see. At the time I couldn't really see what the the point of keeping it in play was aside from re-doing it every turn. But what you said makes sense; basically just allowing it to be shuffled back into the deck.

Thanks.



#5 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

    Member

  • Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:09 AM

 yeah, no prob. You're welcome. :)

Some of the other crisis cards that stay in play have different special rules, 33's just isn't as hurtful. It's more of a themey one as the first episode of the TV show (called "33") The fleet keeps jumping, and thirty three seconds after every jump the cylons pop back up. So it's just trying to show that they could keep popping back up.

Later.



#6 F50

F50

    Member

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:17 AM

Mattr0polis said:

thirty three seconds after every jump the cylons pop back up
Wasn't it every thirty-three minutes?

 



#7 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

    Member

  • Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

F50 said:

Wasn't it every thirty-three minutes?

 

Lol, shoot. Yeah I think you're right. Sorry, It's been a while since I watched the first season. ;)

I guess 33 minutes makes more sense theme wise for the card too, as it showing back up in about a half an hour is more likely than the card showing up in the next 33 seconds. ;)






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS