3 player game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Feydaway

Feydaway

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:34 AM

Frankly, I'm not a fan of the 3 player version in any case.  But, having had to play with 3 a couple of times we have added a home rule:

Absolutely NO playing of Baltar in 3 player.

Adding a 2nd you are a Cylon card nearly guarantees 2 Cylons vs. 1 human.  And, the odds of Baltar being a Cylon before move 4 are high.  The smartest strategy for the 2 non-Baltar players is to immediately gang up on Baltar and neutralize him.  The smartest strategy for Baltar is to hope he is a Cylon from the start, reveal, and get the heck out of dodge.  Either way, not much fun.

The alternative is that Baltar is allowed to run free as President early on, and if there aren't already 2 Cylons in play Baltar certainly has the opportunity to create one at move 4.

You could always get lucky and a non-Baltar player draws both I Am A Cylon cards.  But, the odds aren't good.  Better to play without Baltar.

#2 Big Head Zach

Big Head Zach

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:07 AM

I thought the rules for Gaius/Sharon were that you added a "You are NOT a Cylon" card, but then Gaius/Sharon draw two. This accomplishes two things:

1) Less likely for any arbitrarily indivdual to be a Cylon.

2) More likely for Gaius/Sharon to be a Cylon.

#3 Feydaway

Feydaway

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:19 AM

Yikes!  I am a fool...

#4 Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

This is a bit off topic, but I've played a couple 3-player sessions of this, and both were very close and tense.  1 human win, and 1 cylon win.  I can't think of too many other co-op games which are this much fun with only 3 players.

TK

"...I was born game, and I intend to go out that way." -- Rooster Cogburn

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS