Spitfire Markings clarification?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Green Dragon

Green Dragon

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

I was looking at the Series 1 Spitfire, the one marked for Falkowski, as I am thinking of picking a couple up.  I was curious about the squadron designator, PK, on the side of the plane.   I've done some research into British squadrons but can't seem to find PK anywhere.  Also, the Falkowski I find is Jan Falkowski, a Polish pilot who served in 303 Squadron.  303 flew Hurricanes, and were marked RF.

Is the model representing a later plane used by Falkowski?  I can't find reference to him after October 1940

#2 bsmith13

bsmith13

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:14 PM

The Spitfire with PK squadron codes belonged to 315 Squadron (Polish).  You can find some good introductory info here:  http://en.wikipedia....hter_Squadron.  This squadron was not activated until after the Battle of Britain.  I believe that Flying Officer Jan Falkowski initially belonged to 315 Squadron, then later became commander of 303 Squadron.  Hope this helps :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS