• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Daemon22

Daemon22

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:21 AM

The rules are:

"The instructions on the card must be followed. Any instructions that result in the loss of a turn by the character encountering the card ends the character’s turn immediately. This counts as a missed turn for that character if there are other cards to be encountered;"

and:

"The lowest number is tackled first, then the next lowest, and so on. In the case of a tie, the character encounters Adventure Cards in the order they were drawn."

Now, if i draw 2 Events that have the same encounter number so i have to encounter them in the order that they were drawn, the first one causing me to lose a turn, do i need to encounter the second event (in this case it was the one that cause everyone to draw one more card then required)?

#2 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:55 AM

Daemon22 said:

The rules are:

"The instructions on the card must be followed. Any instructions that result in the loss of a turn by the character encountering the card ends the character’s turn immediately. This counts as a missed turn for that character if there are other cards to be encountered;"

and:

"The lowest number is tackled first, then the next lowest, and so on. In the case of a tie, the character encounters Adventure Cards in the order they were drawn."

Now, if i draw 2 Events that have the same encounter number so i have to encounter them in the order that they were drawn, the first one causing me to lose a turn, do i need to encounter the second event (in this case it was the one that cause everyone to draw one more card then required)?

Hi Daemon,

If you draw 2 Events, and the first says says that you must miss your next turn, and there are other cards that can be encountered after that card,, then your turn ends immediately, and you can play further in your next turn

#3 Daemon22

Daemon22

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

Velhart said:

Hi Daemon,

If you draw 2 Events, and the first says says that you must miss your next turn, and there are other cards that can be encountered after that card,, then your turn ends immediately, and you can play further in your next turn

Dose it mean that the second event wont happened on everyone?

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:30 AM

Your turn immediately ends after the first Event card. Therefore the second Event card remains faceup on the space until someone lands there to activate it!

#5 Daemon22

Daemon22

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

So if there is a miss turn even that were drawn first and then after it there is a "Plague" so the "Plague" wont happened immediately, it will wait on the board to the next player that will step on it?

#6 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:28 AM

Daemon22 said:

So if there is a miss turn even that were drawn first and then after it there is a "Plague" so the "Plague" wont happened immediately, it will wait on the board to the next player that will step on it?

yes.

if you must miss your next  turn. and there are other cards that can be encountered, then your turn ends immediately !

It don't matter what for type card will come, after that first card that you drew, or have encountered

#7 Daemon22

Daemon22

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:56 AM

II just think that events happened no matter what, I didn't know that they can stay on the board waiting for someone to trigger them.

#8 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:03 AM

Daemon22 said:

II just think that events happened no matter what, I didn't know that they can stay on the board waiting for someone to trigger them.

It will not happen often i think.

Then you need to land on a draw 2 + space and draw 2 events or more.

Most spaces on the mainboard are draw 1 spaces..( unless you have Fiendslayer, prophecy, swashbuckler etc

#9 Hamal22

Hamal22

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

I think that the second event are discarded and not stay face up

#10 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Daemon22 said:

Note that there are lingering Events like Blizzard, Prophesy, Fool's Fortune, Howl of the Wendigo, Rumour of Riches. These always stay on the board on the space where they were drawn until their timeframe expires.

The only lingering Events that aren't put on the board are Lunar Events in the Blood Moon expansion: these are placed next to the Time Card, since several Lunar Events may be active simultaneously.

As an exception to the rule, it is my understanding that  if you were to draw a regular turn-ending Event followed by a Lunar Event on the same space, the Lunar Event would then stay on the board and won't be triggered until someone lands on that space again.

#11 Hamal22

Hamal22

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

What about miss turn event??

If I draw 2 events and both of them are miss a turn event does I discard both of them or hast the first one???

#12 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

You are then affected by the first drawn Event. The other one stays on the board until it's encountered by someone.

As an example you draw the Storm and the Siren on the Ruins space. Both are "miss a turn" Events.

The Storm was drawn fist, so it affects you now, immeditely ending your turn. The Siren stays on the space.

If you or another player  encounter the Ruins at a later time, you would draw cards up to the required number, and then be affected by the face-up Siren, which will end your turn. Which means that the other card(s) you drew will remain on the space to be encountered later. 

#13 h0bbit

h0bbit

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

This really should go in the FAQ..

I've had this come up in a similar scenario and we did not know what to do. Drew two cards, first one teleported the player to another space, then we did not know what to do with the second card.

#14 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

It does not need to be included in the FAQ. Cards are always left faceup on a space if not encountered immediately, regardless of their encounter number!

Ell.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS