Quickstart variant?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Galdred

Galdred

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:28 PM

I liked the variant in TI in which everyone could colonize new systems before the beginning of the game, as it made for a more interactive game from the start. I found that WK suffered from a lack of interactions during the early stage, and the game being won too early after the expansion phase, just when the player confrontations start.

Has anyone tried such a variant ? In which players could start getiing neutral towns before beginning? I am a bit rusty (I have played the games a long time ago). What  settings would you recommend for this? I was thinking about letting everyone get a 100 city for "free" in the same order players place armies on the map, or maybe 300 points worth of cities.

#2 Jack Hooligan

Jack Hooligan

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:31 PM

We play where each player gets two random 100pt cities during game set-up. It seems to move the early game along cuite nicely.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS