Jump to content



Photo

[Possible Spoilers] Frostmarch Card Checklist


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 talismanisland

talismanisland

    Harbourmaster

  • Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:18 AM

Characters: 

Leprechaun
Necromancer
Ogre Chieftain
Warlock

Alternative Endings:

Crown and Sceptre
Ice Queen
Warlock Quests

Spells:

Obliterate
Freeze
Marked for Glory
Vortex
Time Steal (x2)
Path of Destiny (x2)
Toadify! (x2)
Black Ice
Energize (x2)
Brainwave (x2)
Metamorph
Bolster (x2)
Syphon Strength
Hydra Spell

Adventure Cards:

Event -
Planeswalker
Snow Drifts
Howl of the Wendigo
Fate Bound
Ragnarok
Divine Protection
Ymir's Glow

Enemy Animal -
Pack of Wolves (S2)
Winter Wolf (S1)
Ice Bear (S2)
Icecap Elk (S1)

Enemy Dragon -
Frost Drake (S7)
Eastern Dragon (S6,C6)

Enemy Monster -
Sky Screecher (S2)
Griffon (S5)
Yeti (S4)
Basilisk (S2)
Glory Seeker (S3) (x2)
Snow Goblin (S1) (x2)
Frost Giant (S6)

Enemy Cultist -
Cryomancer (C3)

Enemy Elemental -
Ice Elemental (C7)

Enemy Spirit -
Apparition (C1) (x2)
Barrow Wight (C1)
Trickster (C2)
Lich (C4)
Rimespawn (C1)
Chillbane (C6)
Shiver Nymph (C2)
Medusa (C5)
Chill Wraith (C2) (x2)

Stranger -
Pedlar (x2)
Pegasus
Centaur
Dwarf Smith
Talismonger
Goblin Sapper
Lore Master

Object -
Poisoned Dagger
Helm of Warding
Mirror Shield
Astrolabe
False Grail
Lucky Charm (x2)
Royal Decree
Treasure Map (x2)
Tresure Chest (x2)
Bag of Gold (X5)
Two Bags of Gold (X2)

Magic Object -
Frostbite
Ancient Artefact
Winged Boots
Bag of Carrying
Book of Wizardry
Celestial Bauble
Ice Fang
Horn of Summoning
Chalice of Shadow

Follower -
Herbalist
Porter (x2)
Champion
Hieromartyr

Place -
Altar
Transmutor
Mystic Portal
Ice Queen's Palace
Lake of Visions (x2)
Arcane Archive (x2)

Warlock Quests:

Deliver (Discard) One Weapon
Pray At The Temple
Visit The Enchantress
Deliver (Discard) A Seven Point Trophy
Give Another Character One Gold
Roll One Die To Accept A Quest
Gain One Craft
Visit The Mystic
Lost Your Next Two Turns
Gain One Strength
Kill One Monster
Deliver (Discard) One Armour
Kill One Spirit
Visit The Tavern
Defeat The Sentinel
Lose One Life
Lose One Strength
Kill One Animal
Visit The Black Knight
Deliver (Discard) Two Followers
Lose One Craft
Kill One Dragon
Deliver (Discard) Two Objects
Visit The Alchemist


Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#2 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:19 AM

talismanisland said:

Eastern Dragon (S6,C6)

PC version of the old Chinese Dragon ! Nerfed version though, as in, allowing the character to choose which stat to use?


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#3 Nemomon

Nemomon

    Member

  • Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:36 AM

Dam said:

talismanisland said:

Eastern Dragon (S6,C6)

 

PC version of the old Chinese Dragon ! Nerfed version though, as in, allowing the character to choose which stat to use?

As more You are older, You are more malicious


Enter the Talisman Island!

#4 talismanisland

talismanisland

    Harbourmaster

  • Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:37 AM

If your Strength is lower than your Craft, you must fight in battle. Otherwise you must fight in psychic combat.


Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#5 Thernand

Thernand

    Member

  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:42 AM

In other words he fights you by your weakest Ability



#6 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:44 AM

talismanisland said:

If your Strength is lower than your Craft, you must fight in battle. Otherwise you must fight in psychic combat.

Cool! Too bad Cerberus/Lord of the Pit are still there for cherry-picking (Lord of Darkness is fine as is).


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#7 JCHendee

JCHendee

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

Thanks Jon... but how strange that there are no Place cards. (EDIT: OOPS sorry, I missed them later in the list.)  Looks like another mix of old and new cards.  Some of the new ones hint at a connection to Quests (aside from some already discussed on the forum); those won't interest me and mine much, as we don't use commercial quest cards anymore.  But can you give me a read out on the Peddler(s), as it may pertain to another topic about Purchase cards and where to buy them.  I'd like to know if they are much the same as the old 2E/3E versions.

One of my crew who lives afar has ordered the expansion, so I'll get to play test it some time next month.



#8 talismanisland

talismanisland

    Harbourmaster

  • Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:09 AM

A Pedlar has set up his stall here. You may buy available items at these prices: Sword 1G Water Bottle 1G Axe 2G Raft 1G Helmet 1G Mule 2G Shield 2G Spell 2G Then roll 1 die and move him that many spaces clockwise around the board.


Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#9 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:44 AM

Thanks Jon, for giving us the card checklist

And what do i see... ( We finally have MEDUSA

-

Oke... let's get to the point..

I see some enemies that are from the mountain expansion, so i really wonder if we get a Mountain expansion, or if those enemies will be included too, to that expansion( if it will come in the future..?

Spells:

 

Vortex: Maybe that this is similar to mini vortex?

Syphon strength : maybe similar to Syphon?

 

 

Adventure cards:

 

Howl Of the Wendigo ( from Mountain expansion

Winter Wolf str 1 ( almost similar to Snow Wolf str 2 from mountain expansion

Frost Drake str 7 ( similar to Ice Dragon str 7 ( from mountain expansion

Eastern Dragon ( almost similar to the Wyvern ( from mountain expansion

Griffon ( from Mountain expansion

Yetti ( from mountain expansion

Glory seeker ( maybe a dwarf replace for the chaos dwarf from mountains..? ( but with new text)

Medusa ( from mountain expansion

Ice Queen Palace( From mountain expansion)

-

Altar !!! from the dungeon ? 

 

 

 



#10 JCHendee

JCHendee

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

talismanisland said:

 

A Pedlar has set up his stall here. You may buy available items at these prices: Sword 1G Water Bottle 1G Axe 2G Raft 1G Helmet 1G Mule 2G Shield 2G Spell 2G Then roll 1 die and move him that many spaces clockwise around the board.

 

 

Umm, okay... I don't remember the 2E version off hand... but isn't that a lot of stuff for one little peddler. On the other hand, it is one (or rather two) more cards that will help put Purchase cards into play. That should make some of those rich adventurers happy.



#11 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

JCHendee said:

 

talismanisland said:

 

A Pedlar has set up his stall here. You may buy available items at these prices: Sword 1G Water Bottle 1G Axe 2G Raft 1G Helmet 1G Mule 2G Shield 2G Spell 2G Then roll 1 die and move him that many spaces clockwise around the board.

 

 

Umm, okay... I don't remember the 2E version off hand... but isn't that a lot of stuff for one little peddler. On the other hand, it is one (or rather two) more cards that will help put Purchase cards into play. That should make some of those rich adventurers happy.

 

 

The most interesting thing is that he sells spells and mules

And..the rare water bottles of course..

Something that rich adventures are looking forward too, because they are not interested in all those other things..

Let's go spend something..



#12 JCHendee

JCHendee

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:07 AM

I was just looking over the quests again and trying to see which ones shared something in common and where the quest led to. Some have a destination and some are open. Some are trades, and some aren't. I was just curious as to the proportions.  I don't have the Reaper quest handy for comparison, and of course I haven't seen these new ones firsthand (yet) for any extra details.

Some of them appear to be duplications of other quests with an added detail. For example, "Visit the Enchantress" requires visiting the City, though any previous one for the City I believe (?) was open-ended as to who you chose to visit there.  Likely the same on the Village and the "Visit the Mystic." Are there other connected, mirrored quests like these in the list as well?

The reason I'm wondering has to do with the Warlock's Quest endgame... there's a small loophole. If someone draws two quests that are completed by visiting the same space, and only one forces choosing an option to face a particular persona there, that's a definite edge. TWO QUEST FINISHED AT THE SAME TIME.  With drawing 4 Quests at the beginning of the game, the chances of drawing match ups aren't big, but still viable. Are there other potential match ups as well, when considering all commercial Quests released so far?

Oh, there is one long shot twist as well. Imagine someone having the quest to take one life from another adventurer... and the target happens to have the "Lose 1 Life" quest.



#13 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:25 AM

JCHendee said:

Some of them appear to be duplications of other quests with an added detail. For example, "Visit the Enchantress" requires visiting the City, though any previous one for the City I believe (?) was open-ended as to who you chose to visit there.  Likely the same on the Village and the "Visit the Mystic." Are there other connected, mirrored quests like these in the list as well?

The reason I'm wondering has to do with the Warlock's Quest endgame... there's a small loophole. If someone draws two quests that are completed by visiting the same space, and only one forces choosing an option to face a particular persona there, that's a definite edge. TWO QUEST FINISHED AT THE SAME TIME.  With drawing 4 Quests at the beginning of the game, the chances of drawing match ups aren't big, but still viable. Are there other potential match ups as well, when considering all commercial Quests released so far?

Oh, there is one long shot twist as well. Imagine someone having the quest to take one life from another adventurer... and the target happens to have the "Lose 1 Life" quest.

It doesn't work this way. I asked in a previous topic if Quests such as "Travel to the City/Cursed Glade" require encountering the space. They don't. They are completed when you land on the space.

If you complete a quest you are teleported back to Warlock's Cave, so it is not possible to complete two quests at the same time. If you have both "Travel to the City" and "Visit the Enchantress" you may choose which one you complete first (or maybe you're forced to complete the first, because landing on the space happens before you encounter the space and the rule is you must complete a quest if you're able to). Then, you have to travel all the way back to the City to complete the second one.
 



#14 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

The_Warlock said:

 

JCHendee said:

 

Some of them appear to be duplications of other quests with an added detail. For example, "Visit the Enchantress" requires visiting the City, though any previous one for the City I believe (?) was open-ended as to who you chose to visit there.  Likely the same on the Village and the "Visit the Mystic." Are there other connected, mirrored quests like these in the list as well?

The reason I'm wondering has to do with the Warlock's Quest endgame... there's a small loophole. If someone draws two quests that are completed by visiting the same space, and only one forces choosing an option to face a particular persona there, that's a definite edge. TWO QUEST FINISHED AT THE SAME TIME.  With drawing 4 Quests at the beginning of the game, the chances of drawing match ups aren't big, but still viable. Are there other potential match ups as well, when considering all commercial Quests released so far?

Oh, there is one long shot twist as well. Imagine someone having the quest to take one life from another adventurer... and the target happens to have the "Lose 1 Life" quest.

 

 

It doesn't work this way. I asked in a previous topic if Quests such as "Travel to the City/Cursed Glade" require encountering the space. They don't. They are completed when you land on the space.

If you complete a quest you are teleported back to Warlock's Cave, so it is not possible to complete two quests at the same time. If you have both "Travel to the City" and "Visit the Enchantress" you may choose which one you complete first (or maybe you're forced to complete the first, because landing on the space happens before you encounter the space and the rule is you must complete a quest if you're able to). Then, you have to travel all the way back to the City to complete the second one.
 

 

 

I agree with Warlock.

Travel to the City would be the first one, and as soon you are landing there... POOF, you are going back

Maybe you need a Horse for this

 



#15 Lubricus

Lubricus

    Member

  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

The Warlock teleports you the instant you are able to complete a quest, so you would have no chance to encounter the Enchantress in the stated example. The Warlock is not a patient man!



#16 JCHendee

JCHendee

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

Got it! Probably didn't make sense to me because our group nerfed that teleport thing quite a while back. But thanks guys.

And yet still, there's some very similar quests (so-called) now building up.  And the take a life, lose a life slim combo still exists.



#17 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:28 AM

JCHendee said:

 

Got it! Probably didn't make sense to me because our group nerfed that teleport thing quite a while back. But thanks guys.

And yet still, there's some very similar quests (so-called) now building up.  And the take a life, lose a life slim combo still exists.

 

 

Since you have to complete Warlock Quests as soon as you are able to, you have to lose the Life on your very first game Turn. The combo you mention can happen only if a Character attacks your Character on his first game Turn, takes a Life from you and you have your first Turn later on.

If I were that Character, I'd surely wait a couple of Turns before attacking you or simply choose another Character, if able. It's too cheap to complete a Quest thanks to another player's actions.

 



#18 JCHendee

JCHendee

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:30 AM

Well, I for one - regardless of the rules - wouldn't make my Quests known to other players, unless the quest specifically requires it. The whole god's eye view of Players (rather than characters) knowing all that everyone else has, has always been lame.  Moreso with quests, I would think, since these aren't something a character is holding or displaying, but are rather like a Spell; something only it knows and no one else does (unless the quest in question instructs otherwise).  That part was never done right, in my view.



#19 Old Master

Old Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:00 PM

JCHendee said:

Well, I for one - regardless of the rules - wouldn't make my Quests known to other players, unless the quest specifically requires it. The whole god's eye view of Players (rather than characters) knowing all that everyone else has, has always been lame.  Moreso with quests, I would think, since these aren't something a character is holding or displaying, but are rather like a Spell; something only it knows and no one else does (unless the quest in question instructs otherwise).  That part was never done right, in my view.

If I get it right, you show everything on the character but not what is carried in a bag of holding or such!  Are you showing also what's in the cart?

In our group, we will keep the quest hidden until such quest is completed, so as to show that it is indeed completed to other players, as for objects, any object that you carry and provide an extra strengh or craft point as to be turn face up, otherwise it is not considered "active" if an enemy or another character attack you, other object like the water bottle is shown to other player only when you land on the desert space to prove you shouldn't lose a life then go back face down again, spell are shown only when cast.

We may try to play by the rules in "Frostmarch" if they deviate not to much from our usual style of play and see how it goes but years (decades with some players) of playing in a certain way are hard to change.

Cheers



#20 JCHendee

JCHendee

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:20 PM

Old Master said:

If I get it right, you show everything on the character but not what is carried in a bag of holding or such!  Are you showing also what's in the cart?

It does depend on who is playing. If we have kids or newbies, then it's easier on them to see everything. If the players are all familiar with the game and teens and above, then we make it harder.  Anything not phyiscal and on your adventurer is obviously not visible to other adventurers... in other words, we poke a stick in the god's eye on that one.  And yes, if it is in a bag of holding, it is not visible, although we've had some serious discussions about whether what's in that bag (or the Hidden Pocket) could be pull out or not in a Battle or Psychic Combat... the discussions are leaning towards NOT.

Spells have always been face down; supposedly they are magically embedded in an adventurer's skull or something.  A quest is told to you, and something you must accomplish, not carry. So face down as well.  We don't use the commercial ones, but the ones that I created. 

At a certain phase in some "quests", the task card may turn into an Object, Follower, etc. that then must be delivered somewhere or you do something with it.  So, when and if it is reveal before or at the time of completion, depends on the quest,  the adventurer having some place to stow it, and what the quest card represents (Follower, Object, Magic Object, Spell, etc.) during any phase before quest completion. Most people playing the commercial quests would probably hate what we use. But I'm already in the process of creating Part 2, as the current ones aren't enough.

Old Master said:

In our group, we will keep the quest hidden until such quest is completed, so as to show that it is indeed completed to other players.

Your method is perfect in my book for the standard commercial quests. Always keep your competitors in the dark as much as you can! The fact that they get to see you take on a quest and know by its back side up that you haven't competed it is more than they would really know anyway.

Old Master said:

as for objects, any object that you carry and provide an extra strengh or craft point as to be turn face up, otherwise it is not considered "active" if an enemy or another character attack you, other object like the water bottle is shown to other player only when you land on the desert space to prove you shouldn't lose a life then go back face down again, spell are shown only when cast.

Yeah, we play very similar to you.  You will note that in 4ER some Objects are now sub-typed as Weapons, Armour, etc.  We have other subtype classifications we use as well, such as Tool and Resource.  A Tool is like a Weapon, it must be readied (so visible) in order to use it in an instant.  A Resource, like the Water Bottle can be packed away or carried by a Follower and still be used as needed, because Resources aren't things usually used in an instant.

Old Master said:

We may try to play by the rules in "Frostmarch" if they deviate not to much from our usual style of play and see how it goes but years (decades with some players) of playing in a certain way are hard to change.

I hear ya. We initially tried a few games straight up once we acquired the Upgrade Pack for our BI 4E edition.  Didn't like it.  The old house rules, and some new ones, begin being initialized once more.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS