• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

Hi all.

I made another script today (remake of my old personal calendar).
It can be found here: www.gmtools.excelocms.com/calendar.html

Right now it is almost blank.

I want to ask You to help me fill it .
So if You know of any holidays/important days for any chosen Warhammer country/ town/ god (including dark gods)/ race (yes even skaven, orcs and goblins are races that can have hilidays/ important days ) and alike post it here, and I add it to the calendar.

Don't bother in long descriptions, as there is not that much place. A name for holiday, a race/god/anything it concerns and some short description will be enough (it is only for reference anyway, in case Your players went somewhere one day and You need to check what happens on that day).

And now it't time for me to go to sleep

Enjoy!

#2 NezziR

NezziR

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

Wow... Nice! No, really. That's nice.

Typo: Day of week, not Day od week

What are the dividers (like the one that says 'Hexenstag')? They break up the calendar weird and trigger my OCD! Oh wait, I see, they are days that don't fall in months? It's been so long since I've looked at a WH calendar I don't remember that.

Love the random days for full Morrslieb!

#3 NezziR

NezziR

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:28 PM

Ok, don't throw anything at me... This calendar is from Warhammer Online.

vnmedia.ign.com/warhammervault.ign.com/wiki/5/50/Imperial_Calendar.jpg

It has a lot of entries missing off your calendar, and from all I can see, it's pretty accurate. The problem is, I think I see a few entries on the calendar that may be specific to Warhammer Online (not 100% on that though). Either way, they are very 'Warhammery' and would be cool entries.

#4 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

Laser Brain

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

Neat! The calendar page that NezziR posted looks identical to the one from Tome of Salvation for WFRP2.

Just a couple of things I noticed:

"Wallentag" should be Wellentag.

Morrslieb might be absent from the sky on some nights. "Not visible" would be a nice option.

Since you have some extra room, maybe you could include some random weather.

If you haven't seen them already, you might want to check out the calendar, Morrslieb and weather handouts at Winds of Chaos:

http://www.windsofch...com/?page_id=92

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#5 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

Thank You for all the feedback.

Typos fixed.

Yes this online calendar was based on ToS calendar, and a few other things.

@DagobahDave:
Not visible = new moon (morrslieb is totally random so it can be hard to find proper day, I try and see if I can make that more visible).
And thank You for the link to handouts. I will definetly make a use of it .

I changed layout a bit to be more visible.
I'm also in progress of adding new holidays/important days.

Next thing I add will be weather.

But still if You think that something is missing post it here.

Thank You again.

#6 monkeylite

monkeylite

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:08 PM

I believe the special days, Mitterfruhl, etc, do not have normal day names. Eg the day before Mitterfruhl is Aubentag, and the day after is Marktag. This causes the day names to shift down by two every year, so the next year 1st Hexenstag would be a Festag, etc. This is a bit stupid, and your design would be much better, but unfortunately this is not how the real calendar works.

#7 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:26 PM

monkeylite said:

I believe the special days, Mitterfruhl, etc, do not have normal day names. Eg the day before Mitterfruhl is Aubentag, and the day after is Marktag. This causes the day names to shift down by two every year, so the next year 1st Hexenstag would be a Festag, etc. This is a bit stupid, and your design would be much better, but unfortunately this is not how the real calendar works.

Ouch... didn't noticed that before

Looks like some serious redesign is in need.

#8 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

FIXED .

Now You can choose year.

#9 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

Added weather conditions, and a few important dates.

(Thank You Dave )

#10 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

Laser Brain

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

If you wanted to add a star sign to each date, there's a listing of them on page 63 of Liber Fanatica IV.

Here's a direct link to the PDF:

http://www.liberfana...t/LF4-Part4.pdf

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#11 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:26 AM

DagobahDave said:

If you wanted to add a star sign to each date, there's a listing of them on page 63 of Liber Fanatica IV.

Here's a direct link to the PDF:

http://www.liberfana...t/LF4-Part4.pdf

Nice Idea, I'll try to add that in the future.

But first I must work a bit on this calendars engine, as it has some years, and I learned a few tricks during that time.

I hope it will become a handy tool when I finish with it

#12 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:27 AM

Added a few changes:

- You can now add notes for every day of every year.
- You can change Morrslieb phases for chosen year (yup, still random)
- You can change weather for chosen year (random)
- When You change year, all other years weather, morrslieb phases and Your notes will be remembered, so You can get back to them.

Unfortunately nothing will be remembered if You reload the page, or close the browser, so it is one session only.

#13 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:03 AM

Way to go Dave.  That gives me an idea for a scenario...

jh

#14 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

Laser Brain

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

Emirikol said:

Way to go Dave.  That gives me an idea for a scenario...

Oh I didn't really do anything. Sunatet's the one who's doing all the great work in this thread. :)

#15 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

DagobahDave said:

Oh I didn't really do anything.

Well, You made all those wonderful handouts, and gave me all the links, and allowed me to use them .
In my dictionary, You did a lot .

Latest changes:

- Added star signs

- Added possibility to mark chosen day, as checkpoint. While day is a checkpoint it is marked on calendar, and provides a quick link to marked day. In addition it shows the day difference between actually chosen day and checkpoint.

#16 NezziR

NezziR

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

Here's an addition I'd like to see:

Change in weather. Since you are randomizing weather, it would be nice to add another line to it. The line would then read like:

Here is the current weather. There will be no change during the course of the day.

-or-

Here is the current weather. As the day progresses, it will change to this.

I love this calendar. I'll be using it in my next campaign.

#17 NezziR

NezziR

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

By the way, I found this on Winds of Chaos (a great Warhammer resource site) to support my request:

Empire Weather:

www.windsofchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/encroachment/empire-weather.pdf

#18 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

NezziR said:

I love this calendar. I'll be using it in my next campaign.

Glad You like it .

NezziR said:

The handout (made by Dave) under the quoted link is exactly what I use right now.

I will try later, to separate wind/ temerature/ sun-rain and roll them individually (right now it is exactly as in above pdf).
I may also try and set it for, lets say midnight, morning, noon and evening (you can always switch time of day, or chosen day to check what weather will be next).

It would also be nice if some artistically skilled person wanted to help me in area I'm not skilled enough, made some pictures (like 48x48 piksels 8 bit png format) of star signs, and weather conditions (and maybe better moons), and allowed me to use them (my artistic skills are none ). Credit at the bottom of the page granted.

#19 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

Adds:

- You can now Time of Day.

- Weather is changing not only between days, but also when changing Time of Day.

- Weather redesigned. Now it is splitted into smaller parts, that are rolled individually. Weather changes should be also a little more smooth right now.

#20 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

Laser Brain

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

This is a really cool resource, Sunatet! If I get some spare time, I'll start putting together those PNG files for you. If someone else is planning on it, just say so. Maybe we could even divide the work and get it done quicker.

One little edit you might want to make: On the weather, would it be possible to capitalize the first word? Mild instead of mild, Cold instead of cold, Chilly instead of chilly, Hot instead of hot... you get the idea. It would just look better. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS