Couple of questions!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gazery

Gazery

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:13 AM

Sorry if these have already been answered somewhere, but I have been searching but not been able to find an answer to them

1) If you play a card as a development, can you then on a later turn turn it over to play as a normal card? or does it have to stay as a development for the rest of the game?

2) Cards with the counterstrike keyword, I know this is applied immediately, before anything else can happen in the battle, but does this mean you may also remove an enemy unit if the counterstrike damage is enough to kill it, before it can cause any damage? Or does it just count as extra damage, which is applied immediately but the unit is not removed until the end when all others are removed too?

Thanks in advance for any help on these matters.

I appologise again if they have been asked and answered a dozen times before.

Gazery

#2 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

1) Only if you have a card effect that can specifically do that (Rip Dere Eads Off). Otherwise a development stays as a development.

2) Counterstrike damage is applied as soon as it is assigned, so yes it can remove an enemy unit before combat begins. 

#3 Gazery

Gazery

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:45 AM

Thank you very much for your rapid response

1) I'm a bit dissapointed by this, I assumed Rip Dere Heads Off just meant you got to turn it over for free (although temporarily!), or get rid of someone elses development within the turn. Not that that was the only way to turn over developments. (or one of the only ways) I'll have to look through the cards again to find which ones allow this.

2) Pleased with this answer though, did hope that this was the way it was to be played, it makes Reiksguard Knights and Johannes Broheim extremely prolific defenders.

#4 Robert Blake

Robert Blake

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:32 AM

I think that to assign cards as developments for the rest of the game is something absolutely logical. I asume that since a card is set downside on the board is not a card itself: its a development, and nothing else (with some possible exceptions written on the cards).

#5 Robert Blake

Robert Blake

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

Ops, something happened to the text...

#6 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:20 AM

If you could flip developments face up at any time to play them then there would effectively be no cost to playing them as developments in the first place. Your developments would effectively be just an extension of your hand.

And yes, counterstrike is nasty.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS