• 149 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

How long does an average game take?

#2 Furelli

Furelli

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:41 AM

Not the easiest thing to answer. The game lets you set the number of influence you play to, so the play length varies. Basically a turn takes between 20 and 40 mins depending on the number of players and you will remove around 2-3times the number of players of influence from the pool at the end of each turn. The five player game I had the other night (Two experienced players, two who has played a couple of times before and 1 newbie) with 7 influence per player in the pool lasted just under 3 hours. The longest game I have player (15influence per player - 4 players) lasted just over 5 hours.

Furelli

#3 zolledine

zolledine

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

I'd also say that a game is faster the better you know the rules - so we play with 4 guys and after having it played for three times we manage to play a game within 4 hours straight

#4 Wilfred Owen

Wilfred Owen

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

I seem to recall when I played the older edition it didn't take too long. 

#5 psybite

psybite

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

My first few 2 player games took 5 - 6 hours as I had not read the rules all the way through and we were haing to check things all the time. 2nite I just played a2 player gamw with 8 influence per player in 3 hours/5 turns (though the reduced influence meant nothing as I finished the final turn with 14 influence). From reading other forums it seems that the average turn is 30 - 45 mins.

#6 Iron_Lord

Iron_Lord

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:27 AM

With my gaming groop, 4 player games tend to need about 6 hours - but we always play with the king variant and 15 influence per player in the pool and end, when one has accumulated 30. It takes time, but I think, longer games are much more fun - change has enough time to happen.

#7 Lowpriest

Lowpriest

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:56 AM

The original game did take a bit less time to play.  However, this version has a lot of advantages in it.  Usually we are looking at a five hour game when we play.

#8 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:04 AM

Hi everybody,

When you mention time, do you include the "crown and glory" expension or the base game?

Cheers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS