Some inspiration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Poe

Poe

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

So, the other day I came across the movie "I Sell the Dead" with Dominic Monaghan and Ron Perlman. It's a small movie about a couple of grave robbers and their adventures and mishaps as they come across corpses that aren't quite dead and realize trading in the undead brings in the real money. As a movie it's so so, certainly not bad, but nothing spectacular either (although it definitely has a kind of Evil dead-esque charm). However, as an inspiration for WHFRP it's excellent! It has everything: filthy graverobbering, a mad scientist, the restless dead, a ruthless competing gang of graverobbers and lots of dirt, grime and blood! Have a look at the trailer.

Watching the movie all kinds of ideas started popping into my head; first that it'd be fun to play a graverobber and then that I should start constructing a adventure or campaign with an undead/graverobber theme.

And then of course there's the upcoming Solomon Kane adaption which looks rather promising. Have a look!

#2 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:53 PM

hi

thanks for the amazing trailers.  I will watch them as soon possible.  I can`t help myself to reccomend this movie for any vampire fans out there. Its my favourite vampire movie of all time. Its a swedish movie, cute and honest. An american re-make is under development. watch the trailer if you like www.youtube.com/watch

#3 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

oh I made a mistake here.

this should be the right link : Swedish Vampire movie my favorite of all time

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS