• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NezziR

NezziR

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

Greets,

There are a lot of old school players on this board. Let's see your game rooms!

I thought I'd post a few pictures of mine. This is the result of over 30 years of collecting.

Here's a shot of the game table. This is the view players see. There's a lot going on in this
picture. Behind you can see the shelves. The gray metal shelves are bolted to the concrete wall and
hold the most commonly used figures. The green plastic bins on the sides hold commonly used terrain
and paper buildings, trees, rocks, etc. In the center is the book shelf, it's bolted to the gray
shelves. In the top shelf are the campaign folders. The big one in the center there is 'Wolfmont'.
This campaign ran for 5 years until the players managed to run out of fate points and explode
themselves. Under that are the WFRP 2nd edition books. The next shelf is the WFRP1 books.

The table itself is pretty nice. I built it years ago and it's very solid. The top is made of
outdoor grade marine plywood and sealed with outdoor enamel paint. The under-shelf is for drinks and
other stuff. NO DRINKS ON THE TABLE! Each player has a drawer to keep his stuff in and plenty of
room to spread out. On the GM side, there is an old 400W Kenwood receiver. It connects to the 200W
speakers under the table on the floor (you can see them to the left and right - woodgrain). The
Kenwood hooks to the laptop (to the left of the DH screen). I run 'RPG Sound Mixer' on the laptop.
It provides sound scapes and sound scenarios for my games. You can also see a 21" monitor to the far
left. That's also hooked to the laptop and used to display pictures to the players. I use 'The
Keep', a campain database, for game planning and it supports the 2nd monitor.

The table is fully wired for electricity and has a printer (2nd shelf left), a network hub that
connects to my wireless router, and a mini-fridge to the right.

Edit: We also have a 8'x4' battle mat that covers the whole table. It's called a 'Megamat' (by Chessex I think).

home.comcast.net/~nezzir/rpgpics/gametable.jpg

This is my display table. I keep the games we play the most stored here. I display some of the nicer
models I've made on the top. If you look closely, to the right of the socket with the orange
extension cord plugged in it, you'll see the 'Blind Cyclops Inn'. I built this using Hirst Arts
blocks. There has been a 'Blind Cyclops Inn' in every fantasy campaign I have ever run. It was
originally inspired by a 1979 model made by Dragontooth. You can also see the original model on its
box on the shelf.

Edit: Above the table, you can see pictures of some of the tables we've built and our players. The picture in the center is from Bugman's Bar at Games Workshop and was signed by the GW crew.

home.comcast.net/~nezzir/rpgpics/displaytable.jpg

here's a shot of one of the storage closets (to the left of the display table). There's all kind of
junk crammed in here. It's a tight area, so the shot is a little zoomed. To the right are two layers
of storage boxes full of old or unused minis. Below this picture are tubs with magazines, comics,
and books. 

home.comcast.net/~nezzir/rpgpics/closet.jpg

This is my workbench. I call it the dirt table. I use it to mold bricks, drill, sand, etc. It's
generally a mess. My wife was kind enough to tidy it up recently. You can see my paint tray stored
on the table. On the right is another shelf for storage and display. On the extreme right you can
see trays that store unused Hirst Arts blocks while I plan what to do with them. 

home.comcast.net/~nezzir/rpgpics/workbench.jpg

Edit: Pics removed and linked - they broke the tables.

#2 Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

rather then post pics i made a video....so yeah here ya go : )

#3 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:12 PM

Quite an impressive collection you got there NeZZir. really nice pictures.

I will try to send some pictures of my game place later.

And Farin cool Video, Send us more...please Nice to see your face Farin, you are totally what I expected Farin to look like. A Cool dude

Keep up with this folks! its good stuff

#4 Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

Mal Reynolds said:

And Farin cool Video, Send us more...please Nice to see your face Farin, you are totally what I expected Farin to look like. A Cool dude

subscribe to the channel and you will see more lol

#5 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

I most def will

#6 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

Farin said:

Mal Reynolds said:

subscribe to the channel and you will see more lol

I have done so, I apperantly had an old youtube name its Kvitulv (means white wolf in english). So now I am a proud subscriber to "Herfer"

#7 McClaud

McClaud

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:18 AM

Do I see DragonMaster in there?

I do!

Dude,  you're game shelves look like half of mine. I have the very same games, and more!

Neat set-up, though. All my games are on a metal six tier shelf in the garage.

#8 Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:48 AM

McClaud said:

Do I see DragonMaster in there?

I do!

Dude,  you're game shelves look like half of mine. I have the very same games, and more!

Neat set-up, though. All my games are on a metal six tier shelf in the garage.

wish i could find some of those old games....the good old Fantasy games of Yor lol

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS