What about the soundtrack ?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nomeansno

Nomeansno

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:37 PM

I've always loved to have some background music during my gaming sessions and i was wondering what i will use for Grimm.

Here are the ideas i got so far :

• Most of the music Danny Elfman composed for the Tim Burton's films
  • Some classical pieces, like the 'Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy' from the Nutcracker ballet
  • The Coraline OST

Not much, really. What are your ideas ?

#2 The Alchemist

The Alchemist

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:47 AM

I am not really much of a "music person", but yep, I really recommend the Coraline movie soundtrack and just about everything that you have ever heard in a Tim Burton movie. Damn, I can remember pretty much every single song in "The Nightmare Before Christmas" to the last word, and I watched it when I was, like, seven.

#3 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

Call Manson and have him and Spooky Kids redo all of Disneys classics soundtracks  unless that is too dark for you  

Trent Reznor does some great weird stuff too for clock works and creepy music.  But I have to agree that Elfman is perhaps the best realistic odd music composer. Edward scissor hands for example.

#4 Nomeansno

Nomeansno

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:15 AM

darkkami said:

Call Manson and have him and Spooky Kids redo all of Disneys classics soundtracks  unless that is too dark for you  

Trent Reznor does some great weird stuff too for clock works and creepy music.  But I have to agree that Elfman is perhaps the best realistic odd music composer. Edward scissor hands for example.

I know Manson made the soundtrack for the 3D adaptation of Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas, which could be used for Grimm, but i don't know what it's worth. I don't know the Trent Razor's stuff either, but i will look for it.

I have made some researchs and found some other classical pieces which (i think) will be wonderful for Grimm :

• Charles Valentin Alkan : Aesop's Feast
  • Edward Krieg : In The Hall of the Mountain King
  • Modest Mussorgsky : Night on Bald Mountain, Gnomus and Baba Yaga's Hut on Fowl's Legs
  • Camille St Saëns : The Carnival of the Animals
  • Richard Wagner : Siegfried Funeral March

We're nowhere near Manson or Trent Razor here, but it's beautiful, dark and epic, and i think it will work great with Grimm.

#5 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

That stuff is great. Oh creape I just realised Holloween is coming up. I need to get to work on a halloween adventure to post here. I think that would be awesome. Not sure if I have the space here. If not I will link to a rapidshare pdf file.

#6 Nomeansno

Nomeansno

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

darkkami said:

Oh creape I just realised Holloween is coming up. I need to get to work on a halloween adventure to post here. I think that would be awesome. Not sure if I have the space here. If not I will link to a rapidshare pdf file.

That would be awesome.

I really think the one thing Grimm really needs to get the attention it deserves from the roleplaying community is some great adventures. I'd like to put my own stuff on the web, but since my english isn't good enough to allow me to translate it myself, i will have to find someone willing to do it first. I'll try, i promise.

Any other suggestions for our Grimm's sessions soundtrack ?

#7 sigmiester

sigmiester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

A soundtrack would be great,i believe Nox Arcana have an album titled Grimm Tales.Maybe worth looking in to.

#8 Fatespinner

Fatespinner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

I tried the soundtrack of American McGee's: Alice. A wonderful scary soundtrack.

#9 fallenram

fallenram

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

The Lemony Snicket soundtrack has worked well for me.

#10 The Alchemist

The Alchemist

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

I know it's like the big daddy of cliches, but I am going to suggest Lux Aeterna, from Requiem for a Dream. There is no dramatic situation in which this music isn't appropriate. The movie wasn't exactly a masterpiece, in my opinion, but the soundtrack... WOW. 

#11 CoheeD

CoheeD

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:26 AM

Great suggestions guys.

We had a game today and what I felt really worked was the Fable game soundtracks, all 3 games to be exact. I found the music had some great tracks covering action scenes, scary encounters and some light hearted exploration.

One of my players in fact asked me what I was playing, commenting that it was great for the tone of the game. I couldn't agree more 

#12 sorinkat

sorinkat

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Old thread I know, but I'm surprised no one Mentioned Pan's Labyrinth. 

#13 lepracauno

lepracauno

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

The Ost of Red riding hood or Grimm (the tv show)

#14 AdinWilliam00

AdinWilliam00

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

sigmiester said:

A soundtrack would be great. 

Soundtrack is awesome. I love the soundtrack of this. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS