Virtual Gaming tables

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Necronomicus

Necronomicus

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Can, would, or should FFG produce online virtual table top versions of their RPGs for those that find it hard get local players involved or have friends all over the world.   I'm thinking like Fantasy grounds 2 like software,   some RPG companies like Call of Cthulhu already have pay to use mods for Fantasy grounds 2  

3e is not going to be easy to play over the net. I'd love some tools to make this possible.

#2 Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

i think this is a great idea! ik id love to use it! good idea Necro!

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

I've used maptools (free) for a long time for WFRP2 and D&D (4E).

3E WFRP will be simple once you set up a couple macros.  The only modifiers will be number of dice.  The second modifer will be damage done macro modified by damage reduction.  WFRP campaign files contain these macros.

The cards might actually be interesting to do up..but we shall see ;)

jh

#4 Redcrow

Redcrow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

I've often thought that a lot of FFGs stuff would make for good online play.  Especially games like Arkham Horror.

#5 Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

Redcrow said:

I've often thought that a lot of FFGs stuff would make for good online play.  Especially games like Arkham Horror.

i play Arkham horror over webcam all the time...works out great!!

#6 NezziR

NezziR

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

Without some fancy scripting, WFRP3 will not appear on Fantasy Grounds 2. The dice routines for FG2 are notoriously hard to get at and they just aren't set up to handle icon dice. Plus, Smiteworks just changed hands. There's a new programmer in town. It's hard to tell what direction he will take it in at this point. He seems to have a lot of plans.

Ideally, he will try and cut a deal with GW and FFG and make an official ruleset. Heres hoping! If I could get official permission from Fantasy Flight, I'd make a ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II that would allow online play (with full rules, or a rules light version).

I play WFRP2 and D&D4 on Fantasy Grounds II every week and I really hope some deal can be reached for WFRP3.

Dear Fantasy Flight Games,

I would officially like to open negotiations to create a full ruleset for the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay system on Fantasy Grounds II. I have not, nor will I write any code for a ruleset without express permission from Fantasy Flight Games, however, I have some ideas if you are interested. You can contact me via PM or through my forum listed email.

NezziR

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS