Drachenfels

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Necronomicus

Necronomicus

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

I vote that 3e   has a  re-vamp of the Drachenfels adventure. A solid haunted house/dungeon crawl adventure.   Of all the old stuff i remember I think people new to the IP and old alike would really enjoy the hell of of it.

Another personal fave, is Lichemaster, but    i'd rather see Drachenfels redone. with new twists for old players.

#2 PzVIE

PzVIE

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:14 PM

Generally I would prefer new material. Dungeon Crawl or not, but something new!

#3 Armrek

Armrek

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:13 AM

Why not add the good old Oldenhaller contract that started it all:

In here lies Oldenhaller

A video session of the Oldhaller Contract played in 3rd ed could really be a hit...

And after all I think Jay owes us a session demo video

#4 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:16 AM

Rather than redo Drachenfels, why not  read the earliest GENEVIEVE novel, as that has a far better way of using him and his castle. Should be easily convertable.

#5 Dirach

Dirach

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:34 AM

Drachenfels is considered to be one of the weakest books in the WFRP1 line. There is no chance it will be reprinted. (I get support from this site http://rpg.geekdo.com/rpg/275 where Drachenfels is second lowest of all the ranked official books.)

I hope we will get only new and shiny stuff, as I got all the old (But very good) stuff.

#6 Captain Harlock

Captain Harlock

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:46 AM

True it suked. Its a shame becuase Kim Newmans Novel is a classic

#7 NezziR

NezziR

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:50 AM

As great as Drach was, and as much and I would love to see remakes of it and the EW campaigns, I've played them all - more than once. I'd really like to see something new.

#8 phobiandarkmoon

phobiandarkmoon

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:52 AM

Yeah, I highly recommend the novel. Something actually based on that would be awesome, but most PCs would probably break through the web of lies and secrecy at an inconvient moment, so it may not be best suited for the transition.

#9 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

New version of Drachenfels would be nice. It also would probably be "high-level" adventure/campaing, so maybe not the first published adventure.

I would prefer might campaing detailing Storm of Chaos.

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS