miniatures?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 facepalm

facepalm

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:50 AM

does this game come with miniatures aor is it just pieces of cardboard? either way i am definatly getting this game! one more thing does anyone know how many different enemies there are? thanks

#2 phobiandarkmoon

phobiandarkmoon

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:01 AM

No minatures, just the cardboard cut-out things - and seeing as all distances in combat etc are abstract, you don't need minatures of any description to play as far as I can see.

As for enemies, we don't know yet. I would expect at least various other humans in the Empire, beastmen, Chaos Warriors, zombies, skeletons, skaven clanrats, goblins and orcs to be in the core and more to be added later, but that's a guess.

#3 Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:45 PM

they are cardboad like stated but i plan to use my GW minis and my friends ( who will be playing WFRP ) minis in this game....cuz GW makes awesome minis jsut under privateer press and Reaper

#4 Foolishboy

Foolishboy

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:53 PM

Games Workshop own the IP of this game, they primarily produce minis. WFB minis will fit the game but there will never be FFG produced WFRP minis unless Games Workshop supply them, because every mini FFG sold would be seen as a sale lost by Games Workshop.

#5 facepalm

facepalm

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

okay, i was pretty sure it was just card board pieces i sort of thought there would be some sort of legal thing and all but that is okay.

as for the amount of enemies, i think that would be cool if there is a descent variety as that but if there is not i think i will still buy it because there would be expansions with more types. i hope that they have bigger monsters like trolls and giants (maybe even DRAGONS!)

i think i agree with Farin; i have a fairly big chunk of warhammer miniatures so i think i will probaly use them unless i do not have enough that much. i hope the cardboard pieces look good, then i may even end up using them!

#6 Necronomicus

Necronomicus

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:20 PM

I would prefer the minatures continue to be printed cut outs, as I have enough clutter in my home already.

#7 Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

Necronomicus said:

I would prefer the minatures continue to be printed cut outs, as I have enough clutter in my home already.

valid point.....i jsut plan to use the minis i have....im not gana start colleting TONS of GW minis jsut for this game.....way to much money cuz i paint every mini i get....im a little back logged now cuz i paint other minis now for people...yay home business! lol

#8 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

I think people bitched so much about it being a boardgame that they deliberate got away from having solid miniatures rules ;)   Seriously though, if there's no "grid"/battlemat then what am I going to do with all of my 3D tabletop things???

(just kidding kind of)

(uh wait, not kidding about first line but kind of)

jh

#9 Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

yeah i plan to be more 3D aswell. make it look pretty : ) lol

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS