• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Duke_of_the_Blood_Keep

Duke_of_the_Blood_Keep

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:20 AM

Hey guys,

My set arrived yesterday and I read through all the cards and I just wanted to ask about one piece of phrasing. A lot of cards use the words "each player" like in the case of the Blood Thirster, who causes each player to sacrifice a unit. Does Each Player refer to the upcoming multiplayer rules and mean each other player, or does it refer to "all players in the game" including you? 

I would read it as all players but I just wanted to ask. Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Chris 

#2 Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:35 AM

It means "you, too".  There are some cards that affect "the other players".  Since it's only a two player game, this keeps me hoping for some sort of official "multi-player" rules in the future, as many of the cards seem to be written to accomodate this.

Example of "the other players":  "Zhufbar Engineers" Forced: After this unit leave play, each opponent must sacrifice a unit in this correspoinding zone.

Example of 'you, too": "Grimgor Ironhide" Forced: After this unit enters play, destroy all support cards and developments in each player's corresponding zone.  

TK

"...I was born game, and I intend to go out that way." -- Rooster Cogburn

#3 Duke_of_the_Blood_Keep

Duke_of_the_Blood_Keep

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:38 AM

Thanks, I was pretty sure it was, but we wouldn't want me to be at a disadvantage by removing units I didn't have to, now would we :)  Should get a couple of games in today  can't wait!

#4 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

Seeing it as a multiplayer game and reading the cards that way does not change the way how the game should be read and interpreted. Even though it is still a 1v1 game, I read all card texts within the multiplayer context. It is a small shift in perpective, but when the official multiplayer rule hits the stands, I'll be prepared.

On a side note, I had my first game this weekend...both games were an ad hoc multiplayer affair without deckbuilding*. The first was a blowout, but the other was a very tight game coming down to the wire: each team was one attack away from winning.

What I meant by "without deckbuilding" is that each player had a 75 card deck composed of 3 copies of every card available for his faction minus any neutrals/alliance/draft. This was because it was late at night and we couldn't be bothered to sit down and examine the cards to start deckbuilding....other than myself who have been up to date with Hastur's spoiler months in advance, but I had thought "no deckbuilding" was good for the group for their first venture into Invasion. This created problems midgame sure, like inability to draw into units, but it was still extremely fun!

#5 dormouse

dormouse

LCG Designer

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:45 AM

Drawing into units can be a real pain midgame when you are first lear4ning. I consider deploying into the QZ extremely important when you are playing an unmodified deck. Certainly some races need it more than others, but no one should be drawing less than 3 cards a turn by turn three.

"words are like arrows, once loosened you cannot call them back"

#6 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

Yeah...first game I had been drawing five-a-turn by turn 3. In the second game, however, both players slammed my QZ and due to less than optimal hand management on my part, I have been drawing one-a-turn in an unmodded deck that was > 50% non-units. On hindsight, I should have paid less attention to my partner being grounded to dust (2 zones burned) and fortified my QZ more, because as fortune would have it, instead of slamming my partner's 3rd zone they turned their eyes toward my scantily defended QZ. It was all good fun in the end since we were also one turn away from winning as well, after having bagged a bowout first to say the least.

#7 JayDe

JayDe

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:26 PM

This is off thread topic , people had lead here anyway, where are these multiplayer rules? Are they even out yet and will they be official, on the FFG website?

#8 dormouse

dormouse

LCG Designer

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:59 AM

FFG will be releasing the MP rules, if the other LCG's are any indication I'd say they will be included in the Elf Companion Set. They will probably make the rules available on their website shortly after.

"words are like arrows, once loosened you cannot call them back"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS