Fettered Psychic Powers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Morph

Morph

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

The new psychic power rules seem interesting. I got one question from reading the rules though,...

Table 6-1 on page 157 states that for a Fettered power 'No check, the power is activated'.

The rules don't seem to refer to that table, so I'm not totally sure what test it's talking about. Does this mean no Focus Power test is required to use the power (assuming it would normally need one)?

#2 princeearwig

princeearwig

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

The way I read it (and taking the rest of the chapter into account), you still check for power activation (Characteristic test on WIllpower, Psyniscience or Awareness) but there is absolutely no risk of any Psychic Phenomena.

You are actively reigning in your ability to ensure risk free usage.

#3 zethliss

zethliss

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

I'd say they forgot the words 'on the psychic phenomena table'

#4 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:50 AM

zethliss said:

I'd say they forgot the words 'on the psychic phenomena table'

I agree.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#5 Morph

Morph

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

Thanks everyone. A couple more read throughs and I think I understand psychic powers now.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS