Photo

The Emperor's Decree >> Will You Answer the Call?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #1'> #1 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #1' /> ynnen

ynnen

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:09 AM

The great Twin-Tailed Comet, a portent tied to both Sigmar and the Empire, has been seen in the sky. In response to this ominous sign, and sensing the fate of the realm is at stake, Emperor Karl Franz works tirelessly to protect the Empire. Will you answer his call and brave the perils ahead?

A new era in roleplaying dawns with the release of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay this Fall. To celebrate this momentous occasion, Fantasy Flight Games is proud to present the Emperor's Decree Pre-release Event at your Friendly Local Game Store the weekend of November 13th - 15th.

You can read the full announcement here.

** UPDATE 10/22/09 **

We've made a variety of promotional materials available to retail stores and fans, to help promote the upcoming Emperor's Decree event.

You can read about the materials here:
http://www.fantasyfl...ws.asp?eidn=870

Or go directly to the WFRP support page to download them:
http://www.fantasyfl...?eidm=93&esem=4

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #2'> #2 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #2' /> dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

Excellent! I've notified my FLGS and offered my services!  Maybe 30 November release date isn't so far-fetched after all.

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #3'> #3 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #3' /> egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

To those people who participate - please don't forget the rest of us, and share your experience after playing, ok? :)

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #4'> #4 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #4' /> ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:22 AM

I got a question about this demo adventure - will it be on FFG site for free download?

And I hope that the 30 november is the real release date , I can't wait to buy my copy of WFRP 3ed.

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #5'> #5 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #5' /> Necrozius

Necrozius

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

dvang said:

Excellent! I've notified my FLGS and offered my services!  Maybe 30 November release date isn't so far-fetched after all.

November 30th!?! SWEEEEEEET!

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #6'> #6 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #6' /> Redcrow

Redcrow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:11 AM

egalor said:

To those people who participate - please don't forget the rest of us, and share your experience after playing, ok? :)

Maybe we will get lucky and someone will record it and upload it online somewhere so we can get the demo video of actual game play that many of us have been asking for.

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #7'> #7 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #7' /> dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:40 AM

Necrozius said:

That's the estimated date Amazon is showing ... so who knows for sure (other than FFG, of course).  However, if the "pre-launch" event is 13-15th, I wouldn't expect the release to be more than a few weeks afterwards.  2 weeks is the 30th... so it actually seems a reasonable date.

Assuming my FLGS gets picked to run the pre-launch event, I'll try to take pictures during my games.  Regardless, I'll certainly write up a review of my experience (good and bad) and thoughts on the system.  I get to run it at least twice, which I think will be a good thing to get more familiar with it and get a better idea how things work.

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #8'> #8 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #8' /> ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

I found this on the net and I must say - the game looks amazing. i can't wait to buy my copy of this.

Also I would like to see the demo adventure od the web page, I would like to read it and see it as soon as it's posible.

Let the game come to me as soon as FFG will release it. Can't wait to buy it and try it. Please FFG make the release as soon as You can.

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #9'> #9 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #9' /> Necrozius

Necrozius

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:31 AM

ffgfan said:

NERDGASM!

Well, that seals the deal. I'm officially in.

LOOK AT ALL DAT STUFF!

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #10'> #10 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #10' /> dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:35 AM

Also note that there's still a bunch of stuff in the box. They didn't even lay everything out.

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #11'> #11 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #11' /> schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

Necrozius said:

I wouldn't quite put all your eggs in the basket on this. They'll clearly have the airfreight copies on hand to send out to the stores by the 7th or so, but sea freight typically lags by at least a month, and sometimes much more. They could be pushing Christmas.

That said, it's entirely possible that they've had the airfreight copies for some time, and that this is a totally groundless concern.

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #12'> #12 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #12' /> ghost81

ghost81

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:26 PM

looks awesome, I just had a talk with my FLGS (while buying my copy of rouge trader none the less!) and offered to run the demo, and if it runs half as successfully as the Galactica Demo we ran, it'll be awesome. 

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #13'> #13 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #13' /> Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:04 AM

Redcrow said:

egalor said:

Maybe we will get lucky and someone will record it and upload it online somewhere so we can get the demo video of actual game play that many of us have been asking for.

Expect me too if i get to play a game : )

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #14'> #14 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #14' /> Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:06 AM

Necrozius said:

ffgfan said:

NERDGASM!

LOOK AT ALL DAT STUFF!

yeah and the fact that they can give out copies already tells us one thing....they have the game....its ready boys and girls.....its ready....and so are we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #15'> #15 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #15' /> ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

Farin said:

Necrozius said:

ffgfan said:

NERDGASM!

LOOK AT ALL DAT STUFF!

yeah and the fact that they can give out copies already tells us one thing....they have the game....its ready boys and girls.....its ready....and so are we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it ready I also think it is. We should write to FFG a letter so they would release it sooner the 30th november, I can't wait to buy it.

Please FFG release it now.

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #16'> #16 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #16' /> 42!

42!

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:23 AM

ffgfan said:

Farin said:

Necrozius said:

ffgfan said:

NERDGASM!

LOOK AT ALL DAT STUFF!

Yes, it ready I also think it is. We should write to FFG a letter so they would release it sooner the 30th november, I can't wait to buy it.

Please FFG release it now.

There is a huge difference between having a couple of advance copies and being able to release the game. Most likely the game is still at the printer or on the dreaded slow boat from China.

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #17'> #17 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #17' /> Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:23 AM

42! said:

There is a huge difference between having a couple of advance copies and being able to release the game. Most likely the game is still at the printer or on the dreaded slow boat from China.

LOL yes very true...but having copies of the game to hand out proves.....its ready.....we just need to get our hands on it....feels like Christmas!!!!

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #18'> #18 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #18' /> dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:46 AM

Yep, once early-to-mid-November comes around they are just waiting for the printing/production lines, and not development or QA.

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #19'> #19 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #19' /> Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:30 AM

ynnen said:

No, I'm in the UK

> Will You Answer the Call?: post #20'> #20 > Will You Answer the Call?: post #20' /> Farin

Farin

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:31 AM

Artaxerxes said:

ynnen said:

No, I'm in the UK

sorry :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS