Wonderful News!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Having just read the game description, all I can say is, "Wow!"  This game looks so awesome.  I was in a game store the other day looking at a copy of the new edition of Space Hulk, and I noticed that it had 3D-tiles which created a very attractive play environment. But Runewars takes this to a new level with 3D terrain tiles. I can see we'll need to play with towels to protect everything from the drooling....  And I imagine there will be some folks I know who will try to create a mammoth experience by tying Runewars together with Descent.  Indeed, for the true die-hards, cross-over rules that allowed each Runewars faction to run Descent dungeons (i.e. to play the role of the Overlord) would make this not just a board game but an immersive experience with heroes going from dungeon crawl to warfare and quests and back again. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this.  Damn this recession!   I need more income!

#2 mylastnerv

mylastnerv

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

Fantasy Flight . . . what pacts with demons have you created to make such awesome products . . . . ?

Just when I thought you couldn't possible do better than your last release . . . . you slap me in the face for my lack of faith.

#3 Old Blue

Old Blue

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

Any thoughts as to a release date - should I ask the bearded, fat guy in red that I want it in my legging?

#4 TeufelHund

TeufelHund

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

I don't know - I already have all the Runebound and Descent products - I'm not sure how I can justify yet another game containing the same old faces (particularly as they will likely be pushing out expansions for this as well).

#5 Hagard

Hagard

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:29 PM

Twilight Imperium meets Warrior Knights meets Warcaft the Boardgame (at least the joined hexes part) meets A Game of Thrones....

Combined with a nice Fantasy theme...

Neat Miniatures....

If it gets a 6 Player expansion this will dominate my Game Group quite a while.

Keep them coming FFG.

#6 Old Dwarf

Old Dwarf

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:35 PM

My wallet for you FFG!Let's see ME Quest,Chaos in the Old Word & now this . Just too tempting to pass up.

OD

A Dwarf in Winter

#7 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:09 PM

Old Blue said:

Any thoughts as to a release date - should I ask the bearded, fat guy in red that I want it in my legging?

I'm a retailer, and I received a soliciation from FFG for a January release date on this product.

It can't come soon enough! I want to play!

#8 Old Blue

Old Blue

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

JerusalemJones said:

I

'm a retailer, and I received a soliciation from FFG for a January release date on this product.

It can't come soon enough! I want to play!

Mahalo for the info

#9 Old Dwarf

Old Dwarf

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

I've become so interested in this Game I purchased RoundBound & several card expansions just get in the spirit of the thing.I hope this gets released before I feel compelled to start on Descent

OD

A Dwarf in Winter

#10 vandimar77

vandimar77

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:19 AM

I doubt that anyone would ever be more excited about opening up a box... er except maybe these guys: 

#11 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

If it's a Jan release date, then rules may be online by late November, early December, if FFG follows a recent trend.

#12 Galdred

Galdred

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

Hagard said:

Twilight Imperium meets Warrior Knights meets Warcaft the Boardgame (at least the joined hexes part) meets A Game of Thrones....

Combined with a nice Fantasy theme...

Neat Miniatures....

If it gets a 6 Player expansion this will dominate my Game Group quite a while.

Keep them coming FFG.

I'd rather not have too many warrior knights in the game! I found the game execution somewhat lacking compared to the other ones described here (except for Warcraft, which I have never tried). The order phase was so random it was a much bigger mess than any dice rolling mechanism could have achieved.

And you forgot Starcraft who is a very beautiful design from Corey Konieczka IMO (although it somewhat lacks fluidity).

#13 Rakshasa

Rakshasa

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:18 AM

It reminds me a little bit of Games Workshop's "Mighty Empires", though I assume it's not going to have the old "why not take the time out to play a hearty game of Warhammer Siege" optional rules.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS