That kooky Power icon...please help me clarify

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:10 AM

So the 'power' icon is the red jewel with the hammer inside it.

Some cards add/subtract hammers.

Is the plain hammer the same as the power icon?

If this is spelled out somewhere in the rules, I'd like to know what page so I can feel less like a dunce.

When we played it so the hammer was just a damage icon it slowed the game down since cards like Armory weren't coming up during our game. Now that we've played  few more games with those coming up it makes more sense that the hammer and the gem with a hammer in it are the same symbol...just trying to confirm.

Thanks!

#2 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:38 AM

Haven't seen anything to indicate that the hammer/gem are different.  I think they're both power, just one is simplified slightly for inclusion in the text.

#3 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

The Hammer symbol, even if it's missing the red orb around it is the same as the Power symbol.  Hammer = Power.  :)

You're not a dunce by any means - everyone has issues with rules because we all come from different gaming backgrounds and from different styles of English, as well.  I tend to over-think rules or read into them, for example, while others are prone to overlook the details and so forth.

No worries and welcome to the fold! 

#4 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:59 AM

And for official confirmation, I remembered that the tutorial includes use of a Tactic which increases power, so it's pretty solid.

#5 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

Although it's not spelled out specifically in the rulebook, the example on page 15 makes it pretty clear.

#6 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:15 PM

Thanks, crew.

Thought as much, but wanted to be sure hadn't missed it somewhere.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS