Question about piloting Vipers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 halftard

halftard

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:43 AM

On p 10, under "Action Step": "During this step, the current player chooses one action to perform."  Then there is a list of possible actions, including a pilot activating his/her viper. 

On p 26, under "Piloting Vipers": "In addition to the normal things that a player may do during his Action step (for example, play a skill card) he may also choose to activate his viper."

So page 10 is misleading and page 25 is the correct way to go, right?  So if I'm piloting, I could attack a cylon raider and then play "Launch Scout" (for example)...or I could play the skill card first and then attack with my viper.

#2 azuredarkness

azuredarkness

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:02 AM

Wrong.

Activating your viper is one of the options you have on your turn, which is only available to you when you are actually piloting a viper.

The phrase "In addition" refers to the fact that you have that option in addition to all your usual options for your action in a turn. You do not receive a "viper activation action" in addition to your usual one.

Hope this makes this clear.

#3 Kamakaze

Kamakaze

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:21 AM

You can move your viper instead of your regular move aswell I believe. At least you can move the viper if you were piloting it when your move phase arrived. This is in addtion to the "action" you can play which could be moving the viper again, attacking with it or playing a card.

#4 azuredarkness

azuredarkness

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:47 AM

Kamakaze said:

You can move your viper instead of your regular move aswell I believe. At least you can move the viper if you were piloting it when your move phase arrived. This is in addtion to the "action" you can play which could be moving the viper again, attacking with it or playing a card.

That is also correct.

When in a viper, you get a viper move instead of your regular move. Then you get an action, which you can use to activate a viper (if that is your preferred action). Therefore, during your turn you can move the viper, and then either 1. move it again, 2. attack with it, or 3. do some other action such as playing an "action" card.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS