Fate Dice: Military question.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

I'm going to play the game for the first time tomorrow (4player) and are having a 2 player game with myself to get the rules going. So far I'm absolutely psyched about this game. I'm a huge Warrior Knights fan, and this one is kind of in the same vicinity (maybe a bit lighter). I'm really looking forward introducing it to my friends as I think they are going to love the game mechanics.

Anyway, I just stumbled upon one question that I think I'm doing correct, but I'm not absolutely sure. It's my turn and I choose Military on my fate die, while going for the third option.

From the AoC rulebook. Page 11, under Military.

"-The player may place an army unit in up to two different friendly provinces from his reserve pile, as long as he has less than 18 units in play."

I've tried getting my head around this one, and after reading Universal Heads reference sheet where he's worded himself differently.

"-Place an army unit in up to 2 separate friendly provinces from your reserves, if you have less than 18 units in play."

So now I read it as, you can place up to two (you choose) free military units from your reserves, as long as you place them in two different/separate provinces (don't matter if they are adjacent).

Haha. Can anyone confirm my "suspicion"?

#2 Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

You are correct, as long as those provinces are friendly.

TK

"...I was born game, and I intend to go out that way." -- Rooster Cogburn

#3 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for the quick answer!

Cheers! :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS